How can I remove old and unused user names on MLS??

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
israele

How can I remove old and unused user names on MLS??

Post by israele »

Hi, I have been recently called as the new clerk in the branch of which I am member of. Does anyone know how I may be able to remove old and unused user names on MLS; as many of this users are not members of the unit anymore.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
IE
rontilby

Post by rontilby »

MLS usernames who had any finance responsibilities must remain at least until their last transaction (check written or deposit batch) has rolled out of your financial records retention period. (In the USA that would be the current year plus the three prior years.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

israele wrote:Hi, I have been recently called as the new clerk in the branch of which I am member of. Does anyone know how I may be able to remove old and unused user names on MLS; as many of this users are not members of the unit anymore.... any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Although you cannot remove user names that are connected to transactions (until those transactions are removed from the system at the end of the financial record retention period), you can deactivate those users. Once you do that, those users will not appear anywhere in MLS except on the Users screen under System Options, so they shouldn't be much of a concern.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

aebrown wrote:Although you cannot remove user names that are connected to transactions (until those transactions are removed from the system at the end of the financial record retention period), you can deactivate those users. Once you do that, those users will not appear anywhere in MLS except on the Users screen under System Options, so they shouldn't be much of a concern.
And, I think this is one of the membership audit items - verifying that accounts are deactivated for users who should no longer have MLS access.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”