internal record of purchase/service

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
quicky

internal record of purchase/service

Post by quicky »

The prior thread seemed concerned with DC orders which are problematic. My question is on the voluminous records from Qwest for all the already reimbursed phone services for the Stake. I really do not need all this information. Can I deep-six the stuff?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Financial records should be retained for the appropriate record retention period (USA - 3 yrs, Canada - 5 yrs).
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
quicky

Post by quicky »

These, however, are not records of anything I have done. SLC should have these, they mean nothing to us.
quicky

Post by quicky »

No answers for this one?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Quicky wrote:No answers for this one?
There was an answer. You didn't seem to like it, but I think jdlessley's post gives the correct "by-the-book" answer. You're asking about a financial record, and there is a clear retention period for financial records.

If your priesthood leaders and auditors agree with your position that these records are unnecessary, then in accordance with that local decision you can feel free to destroy them sooner than the normal retention period.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”