eBooks + eReaders, What do you use and why?

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.
RossEvans

Post by RossEvans »

Mikerowaved wrote:I see it's available for the YanCEyware reader HERE, so it's possible you might find it available in other formats before long.
Because Book 2 is available in YanCEyware, I was able to download it to my Android today using the Reveal app.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RossEvans wrote:Because Book 2 is available in YanCEyware, I was able to download it to my Android today using the Reveal app.

Thanks for the info. Seems like it should be other places, but after a long search I finally found it in built-in eBook download under "New".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
malwitz

Post by malwitz »

I have found there are a lot of LDS Kindle owners who wish there was more access to church-produced content. I have referred people to the handheld site, but the mobipocket editions have fallen a bit behind. I'm excited to see the work done at https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Librar ... _Downloads and look forward to new editions. I would love to help to move things along!
mrwizard96

Song Book

Post by mrwizard96 »

Is there anywhere to find the Childrens song book in EPub format? Not just the words. Either that or in PDF?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mrwizard96 wrote:Is there anywhere to find the Childrens song book in EPub format? Not just the words. Either that or in PDF?
I'm not sure about finding the whole Children's Songbook in PDF, but you can find a ZIP file containing each song in an individual PDF file at http://lds.org/cm/display/0,17631,7572-1,00.html#3 (use the Sheet Music links).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
reubendunn1

Any updates on the Quads for Kindle

Post by reubendunn1 »

Hedrick-p40 wrote:We're in the process of making available The Book of Mormon, Bible and October 2010 Conference in epub format. We're currently exploring different publication channels to decide on where our ebooks will be distributed from. The triple combination ebook is coming soon as well as other LDS manuals.

As always, we're interested in your feedback to see which distribution channels to move in to. Whether you are on a Nook or use the Kindle app for your iPod Touch, we want to make sure that you have access to our content.

I'm using an old Palm PilotM515 that contains all of the standard works, and is searchable.

I'm considering getting the newest Kindle. However, one "deal breaker" for me is the ongoing problem many are having with the verious versions of the LDS scriptures.

I'm hoping at some point that the Kendle version of the Quad. would have the same search functions, etc., that I'm currently able to use with my Palm.

I like what I've seen so far with the Kindle specifically the ability to carry what I would consider an "essential" library with me at a comparitvely low cost.

Are there any plans to produce a "workable" set of scriptures?
csreedii

Sony

Post by csreedii »

Hedrick-p40 wrote:We are looking at making a stronger move into publishing LDS content for ereaders. A couple of questions have come out of this, such as:

What ereader device do you use and why?

Which LDS content would readers like the most?

When you purchase or look for content, where do you go to find it?

We loved to hear your feedback! Any thoughts or ideas, are welcome.

I have always used Sony devices in the past. I have a Touch ereader now. The problem is: like the nook or kindle they seem to only read ebooks from their own estores. Therefore the Nook seems to be more LDS friendly than the Sony. There are 0 LDS ebook for the Sony in their Estore. Instead I found book after book of free anti-christian and Islam epubs - books that as a Mormon have no application in my life. The Sony is very nicely put together, but I am going to sell it and get a Nook.
reubendunn1

Post by reubendunn1 »

Hedrick-p40 wrote:We are looking at making a stronger move into publishing LDS content for ereaders. A couple of questions have come out of this, such as:
What ereader device do you use and why?

Up until last month I stuck with my old Palm Pilot M515. I've since joined the 21st century and have a Kindle 3g-WiFi.

Which LDS content would readers like the most?

I'd like a dedicated set of scriptures that are interlinked with each other, as well as the manuals of the Church. At the moment I'm using the Blackberry Quad. I used it on the Palm and find that it's better than what is currently being offered. I've downloaded all the current scripture offerings that are on sale for the Kindle, and find that none of them have what the Blackberry set has to offer.

I think that the number of LDS books that are available on either Amazon or via the Deseretbook site is rather excellent; I must confess however to wondering about the cost setting, an age old argument I know.

I'd like to be able to subscribe to the Ensign/New Era/Church News via Kindle. I've been able to cut and paste material from the Ensign to upload onto the Kindle.

I'd really like to be able to load the General Conference talks or have access to them via the LDS.Org website for downloading all at once.

When you purchase or look for content, where do you go to find it?

Amazon.com for Kindle. When I want a hard copy I'll usually head to the bookstore, or wait until I visit Utah.
coryleem

Kindle 3

Post by coryleem »

My wife has a Kindle 3 she uses often. Shoping at Amozon is the easiest. A gosple library type app would be very useful
smithrt

Post by smithrt »

- Each month I produce the Ensign and New Era in the Kindle format. If you’re interested in getting a copy send me an email at zippitydoda@gmail.com.
- Starting in October I will also be producing Ensign and New Era in the EPUB format.

Return to “Digital Media”