Preparing for the Calendar 2.0 Release

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
slmsz20

Post by slmsz20 »

STS in Logan Utah YSA Stake (out-of-unit)
peteweston

Post by peteweston »

Happy to get involved. I'm a Bishopric member in England, currently responsible for our Ward Calendars. I've also been assigned to manage resources and locations by our Stake President.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

High councilor responsible for technology. Spokane, WA
MikeElder

Preparing for the Calendar 2.0

Post by MikeElder »

I am the Stake Clerk in the Logan UT YSA 1st stake and would be happy to help. I am a Out of unit leader also.

elder.mike@comcast.net
mcf1999

Post by mcf1999 »

jdcr256 wrote:The Local Unit Calendar development team is in the final stretches of development for Calendar 2.0. This is an exciting release for us that should improve usability throughout the application.

In order to ensure a smooth transition when we release the new calendar, we are inviting the members of LDSTech to help us work out the kinks before the official release. In the next several weeks we hope to release the new application into a type of sandbox environment where you can get access to try it out.

Our hope is that those of you who are admin users in your units will take the time to kick the tires for us. As an incentive, we hope to provide those assisting us with a more direct line of communication to the development team - a chance to ensure your gripes are heard by us... ;)

The purpose of this post today is to gauge the interest in participating in such a program. Please respond to let us know if you are interested.

Obviously, those who are default admins in their stake/district or ward/branch will be most helpful. We may implement a mechanism whereby we can grant admin rights to specific users who want to contribute.

We hope to get a variety of users from multiple time zones. And if you live or work in (or regularly travel to) a different time zone than that of your local ward house, we especially need your help.

Finally, if you are an out-of-unit leader (e.g. Bishopric member or clerk in a singles ward, etc.), your input is also valuable.

The sandbox environment we hope to implement will probably contain an import of data from the production version of the Local Unit Calendar, but any new data entered during this testing phase will not be preserved when the 2.0 calendar goes live.

If you are interested, please respond and indicate your calling (or just whether you have a stake/ward admin calling or not) and the general area you live in. Your feedback here will help us decide if and how to implement this test program, so tell your friends.
I'm an OTR truck driver and cross multiple time zones. I'm also our Ward's Website Administrator and love to help "kick some tires" as I do this everyday (to my truck, that is). Let me know how I may help.:) marcrest1website@gmail.com
nchell

Post by nchell »

Having hit a few bugs at the start of the year when putting our Ward Calendar online, I'm up for kicking the tyres of 2.0.

Ward-level Admin; UK; Stake Centre.
sbray

Stake Executive Secretary

Post by sbray »

I am interested in testing. I especially hope to be able to see individual ward calendars other than my home wards.
dtolputt

I'm interested and would love to help in testing and feedback. Brisbane Australia

Post by dtolputt »

not sure how this screenworks
jdcr256 wrote:The Local Unit Calendar development team is in the final stretches of development for Calendar 2.0. This is an exciting release for us that should improve usability throughout the application.

In order to ensure a smooth transition when we release the new calendar, we are inviting the members of LDSTech to help us work out the kinks before the official release. In the next several weeks we hope to release the new application into a type of sandbox environment where you can get access to try it out.

Our hope is that those of you who are admin users in your units will take the time to kick the tires for us. As an incentive, we hope to provide those assisting us with a more direct line of communication to the development team - a chance to ensure your gripes are heard by us... ;)

The purpose of this post today is to gauge the interest in participating in such a program. Please respond to let us know if you are interested.

Obviously, those who are default admins in their stake/district or ward/branch will be most helpful. We may implement a mechanism whereby we can grant admin rights to specific users who want to contribute.

We hope to get a variety of users from multiple time zones. And if you live or work in (or regularly travel to) a different time zone than that of your local ward house, we especially need your help.

Finally, if you are an out-of-unit leader (e.g. Bishopric member or clerk in a singles ward, etc.), your input is also valuable.

The sandbox environment we hope to implement will probably contain an import of data from the production version of the Local Unit Calendar, but any new data entered during this testing phase will not be preserved when the 2.0 calendar goes live.

If you are interested, please respond and indicate your calling (or just whether you have a stake/ward admin calling or not) and the general area you live in. Your feedback here will help us decide if and how to implement this test program, so tell your friends.
bradweech

Post by bradweech »

I'm the Assistant Stake Clerk in the Gilbert, Arizona Highland Stake, and would be happy to kick the tires. Our Stake President just asked if we can calendar each of our buildings using the Calendar instead of each buildling sheduling on their separate calendars. I now have the task of finding the answer. Does 2.0 do this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bradweech wrote:Our Stake President just asked if we can calendar each of our buildings using the Calendar instead of each buildling sheduling on their separate calendars. I now have the task of finding the answer. Does 2.0 do this?
The current version of the new Calendar does this (but if you're coming from the Classic calendar it requires quite a change in thinking for both administrators and users).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”