Classic LUWS Ward and Stake Calendar items continue to appear in LUWS right menu.

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
gvanorman

Classic LUWS Ward and Stake Calendar items continue to appear in LUWS right menu.

Post by gvanorman »

We use lds.org/church-calendar. Users of the Classic LUWS calendar are redirected to the new site; hoever, they still see Ward and Stake events in the Classic home page (right) menu.

Is it possible to remove or blank the incorrect Classic calendar events?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gvanorman wrote:We use lds.org/church-calendar. Users of the Classic LUWS calendar are redirected to the new site; hoever, they still see Ward and Stake events in the Classic home page (right) menu.

Is it possible to remove or blank the incorrect Classic calendar events?
You can certainly remove the calendar events from the Classic calendar. I did that for our stake before I selected the option to redirect to the new Calendar.

If you want to go back and clean up the Classic calendar, you (or the stake website administrator if that's not you) would have to temporarily change back the redirect option, then quickly clean out the old events, then restore the redirect option. You probably would want to do that at a time when members would be unlikely to use the calendar (early in the morning or late at night, perhaps).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
gvanorman

Post by gvanorman »

Thank you for the reply. We did NOT clear the Classic LUWS calendar prior to the switch to lds.org/church-calendar, thus the persistent events. In attempting to use Administrator Options and change back from lds.org/church-calender to delete any remaining events, however, no such option is available to me at present as (Olympus Hills Ward (450) website administrator). At the time of the switch away from the Classic calendar early this calendar year my role was Ward and Salt Lake Mount Olympus North Stake (510750) adminstrator and I did have the "revert to Classic" option.

On 22 May 2011 the Salt Lake Mount Olympus North Stake (510750) was reincorporated into Salt Lake Mount Olympus Stake (504319). The Mount Olympus 12th Ward (450) was renamed the Olympus Hills Ward. At the present time I have a calling of Assistant Stake Clerk in the Mount Olympus Stake with web calendaring responsibilities. I am not sure whether this role would help with the immediate issue of getting back to the calendar of a disolved Ward.

The problem may be more administrative than technical, but any further recommendations would be appreciated.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

gvanorman wrote:In attempting to use Administrator Options and change back from lds.org/church-calender to delete any remaining events, however, no such option is available to me at present as (Olympus Hills Ward (450) website administrator).
The redirect option is only available to stake website administrators. It is not a ward/branch function. Since we are talking about the classic LUWS, the website administrators are not connected to the website administrator calling in MLS. You will need to contact a classice LUWS stake website administrator for assistance.
gvanorman wrote:I am not sure whether this role would help with the immediate issue of getting back to the calendar of a disolved Ward.
A disolved ward would no longer have a unit website. That would have nothing to do with the issue of calendar events appearing in the right pane of the classic LUWS. The events appearing in the right pane of the classic LUWS home page is from the classic LUWS calendar for the current unit.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”