Cannot view all aspects of LDS.ORG regardless of browser

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
bishoptaylor

Post by bishoptaylor »

harddrive wrote:bishop, did you try to remove the font and add it back in? The other things that I find a problem is if your computer is running something in the background and not giving JAVA 100% attention, it will be slow. I have had to shutdown stuff like facebook and other items that use JAVA or even flash to get it to work. It is like you get too many JAVA application open then JAVA can't handle it all and won't display what it needs to. I have an application at the office and it is JAVA and when I get too many windows open, it won't display anymore windows and it looks like it hangs and takes forever to shut down, even when I'm trying to get it to shut down.

Hope this helps.
Problem solved!!!! It was the Lucida Sans Unicode font that was misbehaving. I deleted it from my fonts directory and copied over the font file from another computer I have and it works fine now. Thanks for all the input. I knew it had to be something related to the machine itself not just the particular browser since LDS.ORG did not appear correctly in ANY browser I used on this machine.

Thanks for all the input. Now I don't have to move to another computer just to use LDS.ORG related functions.

By the way, as my username shows, I am a Bishop and have a very large (900+ members) and busy ward. The functionality that has been provided via the web is just tremendous. How did the work of the Church (or anything else for that matter) get done before we had that functionality? I can now access reports and other information that was tedious and time consuming to get. Ecclesiastical recommendations for church schools, missionary submissions, name removal, disciplinary actions, unified calendaring, etc. etc. has made the work much more efficient and manageable and has allowed me to focus (as my Stake President constantly tells me) on the youth and those sheep that have wandered. And I love LDS Tools on my iPhone. Now just get HT/VT Reporting on-line and get a mobile LDS.ORG app and I am a really happy camper. Thanks for the good work and support. It is appreciated.

Bishop Taylor, Shoal Creek Ward, Austin Texas Stake

Return to “Main Church Website”