How do you view web content on your Television?

Discussions on how emerging technology can assist the distribution of media content through mobile, kiosks, Internet, social networks, etc.

Do not own a TV
26%
Do not own a TV
23%
Do not own a TV
7%
Do not own a TV
9%
Do not own a TV
3%
Do not own a TV
1%
Do not own a TV
6%
Do not own a TV
11%
Do not own a TV
10%
Do not own a TV
5%

Total votes: 101

JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

Great responses on our initial poll. The poll has been updated to reflect both the use of games consoles, the #1 way in which people do access web content on the TV, and a choice for those who do not have a TV or choose not to use a web-enabled device to access web content on their Television. Thank you for the responses and feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

What would be the correct response if the answer is "I don't watch web content on my TV. I watch it on my computer."?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:What would be the correct response if the answer is "I don't watch web content on my TV. I watch it on my computer."?
"Do not watch on TV"
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

My answer (also not on the list): SageTV

(Why can't I ever pick the future-proofed solution? :( )
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

RussellHltn wrote:"I don't watch web content on my TV. I watch it on my computer."?
"Do not watch on TV" would indicate to me that your not interested in, or currently use a web-enabled device to access web related content for your TV. It might mean you are viewing it on a computer or mobile device or not at all. What we are interested in is getting a feel for how people access and watch web related content on their television. There have been many surveys completed on this type of activity and we are interested to see our trend in comparison. I would imagine the number of participants to be small in this setting but it is a fun exercise nonetheless and I have always found this forum and its participants to be highly enlightened in the tech fields and have always been able to gather new and valuable information. Thank you for participating.
JonesRC
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by JonesRC »

mfmohlma wrote:(Why can't I ever pick the future-proofed solution? :( )
If you could we would be in business. There are so many options and this particular poll limits my ability to add more then 10 options, but please, add in a response any other ways you access and playback web related media to your TV. We will also be reviewing all the posts. Thank you.
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

I watch almost exclusively on my Roku device. It seems to have all of the content I want and the interface is great.
JaredCovington

Post by JaredCovington »

So I clicked on iPad & Computer, though, for me, those really should read, iPad/iPhone and the computer I have connected runs Boxee software, so while I don't (yet) have a Boxee box, I definitely prefer their interface and features to those of Roku and web connected devices (especially for accessing locally stored content, of which I have a lot).

I'll also add that if Apple TV adds official Hulu+ support, I'll pick one of those up, as they are even better at accessing locally stored content than Boxee in my opinion.
LarsenJB

Post by LarsenJB »

I currently use a Western Digital TVLive device, they have a newer model TV Live Plus. I've been considering upgrading to something else, but haven't decided what yet. Debating between Windows Media Center and Boxee. Not sure how that factors into your results. I use my Wii for streaming Netflix.
graybealmi

Post by graybealmi »

I had my computer connected to the TV for over a year until the motherboard died a couple weeks ago. Since then, we started using the Wii for Netflix and my laptop for everything else.

Return to “Digital Media”