What does active mean?

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
rbuckner

What does active mean?

Post by rbuckner »

When filling in church reports, what does active Melchizedek Priesthood holder mean? What is the definition of active???

Thank you
R Buckner
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Which report are you referring to? Assuming this is a church-wide reporting requirement and not a local one, there's usually instructions on the form that gives the details.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

To which report are you referring? Generally when there is a subjective descriptor used with a form there will be a definition on that form.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

rbuckner wrote:When filling in church reports, what does active Melchizedek Priesthood holder mean? What is the definition of active???
The most common report that asks for this kind information is the quarterly report (#6 ). If you click on the "?" it will give you a definition. In this case, active means their records were in your ward AND they attended at least one priesthood meeting during the last month of the quarter.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

crislapi wrote:The most common report that asks for this kind information is the quarterly report (#6 ).
There is no use of the word "active" anywhere in the quarterly report.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Active is a term used in the Ward and Branch organization application (boundaries etc...) - specifically in the YW and YM categories and MP and perspective MP. There is no description of how to define active in that form. When filling these out our stake has used the quarterly report to identify 'active'.

So I guess we would define active as attending at least 1 time during the counting month for the quarterly report.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

JohnShaw wrote:So I guess we would define active as attending at least 1 time during the counting month for the quarterly report.
I would use something similar. Except I would not just limit the definition to the counting month. So my definition would be attending priesthood meeting at least one time each month.
JD Lessley

Return to “Reports and Forms”