LDS Tools for Blackberry

Discussions around the BlackBerry version of the LDS Tools application.
andrewwjohnson

Support for the Storm 2

Post by andrewwjohnson »

Hi,
I was pretty bummed to learn that iStake is being shut down but VERY happy to hear that someone is working on LDS Tools for BlackBerry.

I just installed the Blackberry (Alpha). Right off the bat I noticed a few things that I hope someone else has figured out.

- The visible portion is limited to only half the screen as the keyboard will not minimize.
-This seems to mimic the traditional Blackberry with a fixed keyboard

- The touch sensor seems to be off by about 1/2 inch, this means I cannot access the menus across the top of the UI (I found that I can use the BB menu to select other menu items). With the limited screen size the scrolling function (with finger) is not accurate and since there is no "wheel" it is virtually impossible to select the correct item.

- Upon launching the 2nd time it gave a "stack overload" error.

- It uses the BB default maps, would be nice to use Google Maps like iStake

Again, thanks for all the efforts to get the Alpha up and running. I'm looking forward to the full release!!!
Andrew
digbads

New Beta Version

Post by digbads »

There is a new beta version at http://bit-ly/bb-lds that could use some attention.
It is very similar to the alpha, but has some underlying issues resolved that were keeping it from being approved.

Look at the "LDS Mobile Applications" facebook page for ways to respond on the beta, or you can send inquiries, comments, etc. directly to me at h.rushton@ldschurch.org
danmcf

Post by danmcf »

digbads wrote:There is a new beta version at http://bit-ly/bb-lds that could use some attention.
It is very similar to the alpha, but has some underlying issues resolved that were keeping it from being approved.

Look at the "LDS Mobile Applications" facebook page for ways to respond on the beta, or you can send inquiries, comments, etc. directly to me at h.rushton@ldschurch.org

That version shuts down my phone... IE causes it to reboot.

I want to quit carring my Ipod touch every where... Is there any news / info on when both LDS Tools and scriptures will function on a BB 9850?

I'll offer me and my phone up as a crash test dummy.... :cool: I have no idea how to write the software but have the time and the phone...

Return to “BlackBerry LDS Tools”