Calendar No Longer Works on Android Browser

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

tortdog wrote:Hmm. I wonder if it's Gingerbread related.
I am running Gingerbread on my phone (Droid 2) and tablet (CM7 running on a HP Touchpad) and both have no issues displaying the calendar. I am perplexed as to why I see it fine. I am a Verizon customer on my phone. Tablet is just wifi.
Princefam

Post by Princefam »

We had a calendaring meeting last night and it was interesting to see which devices the Calendar would show on and which it would not. No one had Windows Phone 7 but iOS, Android and webOS were represented. It worked on iOS (iPhone and iPad) but not on two different brands of Android phone and not on webOS (pre or Touchpad). Version 1.0 previously worked fine on all of them. Version 2.0 is not compatible with millions of mobile browsers out there. If it were just webOS that were the problem, I could see the issue being ignored, but with it not working on popular types of Android phones, hopefully some changes will be made.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Hmm. I know this is silly (but based on the facts presented so far it's hard to see a pattern to help in diagnosis), but can it possibly be provider related?

I'm with Sprint, Gingerbread on Photon 4G, rooted, with both Google's default web browser and Dolphin HD getting a blue screen. (I know. Provider seems completely irrelevant.)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Works fine on my Sprint EVO 4G (running custom FreshEVO ROM).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tortdog wrote:but can it possibly be provider related?
I'm on Verizon. But I've also tried it via WiFi. No go. So far it seems to be device dependent.

I took a quick look at the source code on my Windows machine and nothing jumped out at me. Could it be the routine to detect time zone doesn't work on some devices?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Here is a screen shot from my Droid2 using Opera just so you don't think I am fooling yah.

And here is my Android tablet running CyanogenMod7.1 (on at Touchpad!) which is Gingerbread 2.3.5. Stock browser.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I played with a Nook Color in-store. No go. With the wireless, I had really hoped that leaders could use a $200-250 class tablet in their callings at church. :(

Switching back to my Droid, I've tried the built-in, Dolphin Mini, Dolphin HD. No go. Opera does work. :)

But get this. If I "deep link" (using a URL from my Windows machine) I can get to the Reservation calendar in all the browsers. What's that calendar doing different then the main page?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
terrellthomas

Post by terrellthomas »

I just want to say there is a app call Stake Central it used to display the calendar on a android phone and it is no go now. My understanding is that in furture Stake Central will be locked out of accessing the database. I think that LDS Tools could learn alot from this app as Stake Clerk I was getting to live by this app. LDS tools has along ways to go be the app that Stake Central is it is to bad it is being killed.
aprayzr

Post by aprayzr »

I also get the blue screen on my Bionic with the stock browser, wifi and 3g.
snormann

Post by snormann »

Yet another blue screen report here. Using Verizon's Samsung Charge with Android/Froyo.

Return to “Calendar”