How to modify one event in a recurring event chain?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tortdog

How to modify one event in a recurring event chain?

Post by tortdog »

I do not think this is related to the issue raised in the other recurring event exception thread. That seems to be an issue of conversion, and the recurring events I am looking at all came over fine.

I am trying to figure out how to modify ONE event in a chain of recurring events. With the old system, when the change was made one was prompted on whether to make the change to the entire chain of recurring events or to solely that one specific event. Now, I see no prompt. No choice. I elected to save the change regardless and it affected all the events.

So the question is whether one can modify one event in a chain of recurring events? If not, can you delete just one?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tortdog wrote:I do not think this is related to the issue raised in the other recurring event exception thread. That seems to be an issue of conversion, and the recurring events I am looking at all came over fine.

I am trying to figure out how to modify ONE event in a chain of recurring events. With the old system, when the change was made one was prompted on whether to make the change to the entire chain of recurring events or to solely that one specific event. Now, I see no prompt. No choice. I elected to save the change regardless and it affected all the events.

So the question is whether one can modify one event in a chain of recurring events? If not, can you delete just one?
The change in interface is that with v2, you edit the event and go ahead and make the change. Then as you save (click Update Event) you will be prompted to specify if it affects one events, all events, or subsequent events. With v1, that prompt occurred on the way into the Edit Event Details page.

If you're not seeing the prompt after you click Update Event, that either means that you are not working with a repeating event (but you said you were), or there is some sort of problem with the system. However, I would note that I have always seen the prompt after the update, and I just tested it again, and I still see the prompt after I update a repeating event.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”