Next Revision Unit Web Sites Wish List

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Also the ability to keep your picture with you even when you move stakes. It seems to be persistent when you move wards in a stake but when you move out of the stake, good-bye photo.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Also the ability to keep your picture with you even when you move stakes.
That would really help the leaders of the new stake to identify the new arrival.
srweight

More Wishes - Calendering still

Post by srweight »

It’s that time of the year when everyone thinks of calendaring events for the coming year and for family parties in Nov and Dec. I would like to see more information on the email notification and more required info for scheduling resources and placement on the ward/stake calendar.

I get reply/forwarded the system notification of events that have been submitted and then the person wants to change it. The problem is there is no real information on that System Notification more then the resource. No event name, details, submitter – just the resource.

The other problem is that I sometimes get emails or “Feedback”s asking for an event and I forget to include the contact information of the submitter. I would love to see the submit form include a required field for that information.

Some Items I would like to see on the Submit Page
1. A link to the Stake Building Policy and Use Guide
2. Recourse Rooms Acronyms for use with the building i.e., CH = Cultural Hall, K = Kitchen, SR = Serving Room, RS = Relief Society, PR = Primary Room, C = Chapel, YW = Young Women Room, etc
3. Required field – Stake or Ward Organiztion submitting request
4. Required field – Contact person with email and phone
5. Event Name –
6. Rooms requested (using Recourse Rooms Acronyms)
7. then the times and details as is

On the email notification I want to see all of the information about the event.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

thedqs wrote:Also the ability to keep your picture with you even when you move stakes. It seems to be persistent when you move wards in a stake but when you move out of the stake, good-bye photo.
I know in other posts I've seen, people have said that it would be nice to have a space for a picture of each family member, especially for the parents. Anyway, a good example of this is when a spouse passes away, then the "family picture" disappears when that member is removed from church files. You have to then submit a different picture of the surviving spouse. I suppose it would be the same in case of divorce. If at least the adults had their own picture, that would rectify that situation. Plus as others have said, it would help people to identify you when moving into a new ward if the pictures were allowed to travel to your new ward along with your info.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote:I suppose it would be the same in case of divorce.
The problem is divorce is not recorded until final, and that may take awhile. It maybe necessary to loose the "twofer" photo when the records become ungrouped. But then how does that work for a part member family since there is no record of the non-member to get "ungrouped" from? I think I'm seeing the complexity here.

My thought is to allow the members to delete and submit new photos. But new photos must be approved by an admin before being displayed. That would help, but not eliminate the issues above.

Perhaps allow the new leaders to see the photo, but the member must "activate" for membership to see?
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

RussellHltn wrote:The problem is divorce is not recorded until final, and that may take awhile. It maybe necessary to loose the "twofer" photo when the records become ungrouped. But then how does that work for a part member family since there is no record of the non-member to get "ungrouped" from? I think I'm seeing the complexity here.

My thought is to allow the members to delete and submit new photos. But new photos must be approved by an admin before being displayed. That would help, but not eliminate the issues above.

Perhaps allow the new leaders to see the photo, but the member must "activate" for membership to see?
My thinking is even though the final divorce date isn't entered in MLS until it is final, when the couple separates and has different addresses, that should be updated in MLS, so why couldn't/shouldn't their pictures follow them (if that feature comes to pass at a later date of having individual pictures)?

In the case of a non-member spouse, they don't show on the webpage and don't show up in MLS, unless they have been added at some point, so any pictures that would be uploaded would appear by the member spouse's name.

If that feature came to pass where members could upload their own pictures, there should be something posted on the webpage telling them the correct size, etc for uploading, but then it should be checked out by the admin before being uploaded.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

margiestroble wrote:My thinking is even though the final divorce date isn't entered in MLS until it is final, when the couple separates and has different addresses, that should be updated in MLS, so why couldn't/shouldn't their pictures follow them (if that feature comes to pass at a later date of having individual pictures)?

In the case of a non-member spouse, they don't show on the webpage and don't show up in MLS, unless they have been added at some point, so any pictures that would be uploaded would appear by the member spouse's name.
Keep in mind that currently LUWS only supports family photos, not individual photos. My thoughts were addressing "couple" photos. While you can solve a number of problems by switching to individual photos, I don't feel right about that.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

margiestroble wrote:I know in other posts I've seen, people have said that it would be nice to have a space for a picture of each family member, especially for the parents. Anyway, a good example of this is when a spouse passes away, then the "family picture" disappears when that member is removed from church files. You have to then submit a different picture of the surviving spouse. I suppose it would be the same in case of divorce. If at least the adults had their own picture, that would rectify that situation. Plus as others have said, it would help people to identify you when moving into a new ward if the pictures were allowed to travel to your new ward along with your info.

Allowing individual photos would be great and your idea of a family photo for the family group that gets removed when the family status changes (birth, death, divorce, moving of an individual, etc).
- David
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I moved the conversation about the calendar to another thread: [thread=802]LUWS Calendar[/thread] because it did not follow the original intent of this thread.
- David
dobrichelovek

Account access

Post by dobrichelovek »

Hopefully getting back to the 'original intent' :D of this thread. Does it concern anyone else about the current method for getting into a user account when the password is lost? I agree that this is hard-to-obtain information and this is a good first step for providing access, but it is too easy, when there is stale data, for someone who has once had access to that information to still have it, especially in a world of digital data. I would suggest that there be a method for tagging an account that has been abused in the past (someone unauthorized has the data for access) so that an additional piece of information would need to be obtained in order to access the account. When an account is flagged, a third piece of dynamic information would be required that, once used, would be regenerated so that next time the same type of password reset is requested, a new string would be needed. I can envision an estranged family member or someone having old records that give all of the pertinent information. Or worse yet, this information might be stored in a Family History file of a dilligent record-keeper. Problematic. I am guessing that ultimately, lds.org and LUWS2.0 will have a common federated id source, so I hope that this might go away by itself, but how long until that happens? Has anyone had this problem already?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”