iCal Import

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jpotter34

iCal Import

Post by jpotter34 »

I'm trying to import events from an iCal calendar, but I get this error ("Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application") when I go to the Setup & Import page on step 2 (Import Events). It keeps looking like it's trying to load the classic calendar events, but it never finishes. I also don't see a link on that page for importing iCal calendars. I'm assuming that link would show up in the same section as the classic calendar events. I've tried this with the same results on multiple computers, multiple OSes, multiple browers, and multiple LDS.org accounts.

Has anyone else seen this error when trying to do an import of iCal or classic calendar events, or does anyone have an update as to when the issue might be fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I removed your duplicate post, and the text in your post that referred to the duplicate post. I also moved this post to a new thread, since it had little to do with the thread it was originally posted in.]

So now, with a bit of housekeeping out of the way, Welcome to the LDSTech Forum!

There is indeed an iCal import on Step 2 of Setup & Import, but it doesn't appear until the calendars from the Classic calendar have been imported. See image:
import.jpg
(11.81 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
But if you always get an error message and/or eternal spinner before the Classic calendars finish importing, then you'll never see that "Import iCal Files" link. It sounds like the problem is with importing your Classic calendars. Do you have a lot of items on your Classic calendars, or can you think of any reason they would be unusual?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

jpotter34 wrote:Has anyone else seen this error when trying to do an import of iCal or classic calendar events, or does anyone have an update as to when the issue might be fixed?
I just did an iCal import with no issues. As aebrown stated, if you don't get the import link, there may be something else going on.

Return to “Calendar”