Unit Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
mklobaas

Unit Report

Post by mklobaas »

Brethren,

I need to explain to the Stake President and High Council why the number of YW is different on the Unit YW report than a custom search seeking YW over age 10 and less than age 19. It seems that the figure should be the same, but it is off by about 20.

I can see YW that should be on the Unit Report, but who are not.

What gives? It seems that the Unit Report should not be relied on.

The Unit Report figure for YW equals the YW on the Stake Quarterly Report for the latest quarter.

Explanations will be much appreciated.

Michael Klobas
Stake Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mklobaas wrote:I need to explain to the Stake President and High Council why the number of YW is different on the Unit YW report than a custom search seeking YW over age 10 and less than age 19. It seems that the figure should be the same, but it is off by about 20.

The criteria you are choosing are not the same, so it's not surprising that the numbers are not the same.

First of all, the age is 12 and older (not over 10). So depending on what you mean by "over 10", you will be including at least all the 11-year-olds, and possibly 10-year-olds, that you should not be including.

Second, on the older end, the definition of a member of the Young Women organization is not a precise age. When a female turns 18 she will automatically be moved by MLS to Relief Society, and no longer be counted as a Young Woman. However, a bishop may choose to have her stay in YW until she graduates from high school, or goes to college. Also, there are some conditions in which a YW under 18 will move to RS. The Quarterly Report counts members who are actually in the YW organization, not those who are in a particular age range.

One way to avoid those age issues in a custom report is to use criteria other than age. Instead, use organization membership:
  • Organization Class -- is -- Beehive
  • or Organization Class -- is -- Mia Maids
  • or Organization Class -- is -- Laurels

Finally, if you are looking for precision, there is also the matter of timing. the Quarterly Report is a snapshot of the state of the membership records as of the end of the quarter. If you run your custom report any other time, some members may have moved in or out of YW in the meantime.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

mklobaas wrote:The Unit Report figure for YW equals the YW on the Stake Quarterly Report for the latest quarter.
I am curious. What is the Unit Report? The last quarterly report? The Unit statistics?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

mklobaas wrote: I need to explain to the Stake President and High Council why the number of YW is different on the Unit YW report than a custom search seeking YW over age 10 and less than age 19. It seems that the figure should be the same, but it is off by about 20.
While you may need a report listing Young Women Over 10 and less then 19, aebrown is correct that those ages ARE NOT the parameters for a member of the Young Women's organization.

The Quarterly report (and maybe the Unit report you are referring to) lists all members of the YW organization according to the following criteria:[INDENT]
female members, age 12 through 17 who are:
  • Not married
  • Under 18 years of age and their assigned organization is not Relief Society
  • Or 18 years of age or older and their assigned organization is Young Women
[/INDENT]The problem is you're are on the stake level, and the last time I had to do a similar "matching" list of all stakewide young men, I remember there was some difficulty with aebrown's suggestion...But I can't remember why. I think it may have been that you have to be ward specific... ask for each wards "beehives," then "mia maids," etc, which would be very tedious....I'll check in a few days when I get to the computer.
aebrown wrote: One way to avoid those age issues in a custom report is to use criteria other than age. Instead, use organization membership:
  • Organization Class -- is -- Beehive
  • or Organization Class -- is -- Mia Maids
  • or Organization Class -- is -- Laurels

Return to “Reports and Forms”