Viewing Wards' Home Teaching Assignments in Stake's MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ThomsonJ

Viewing Wards' Home Teaching Assignments in Stake's MLS

Post by ThomsonJ »

It would be very helpful if the Stake could view the wards' home teaching assignments in the Stake's MLS.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

ThomsonJ wrote:It would be very helpful if the Stake could view the wards' home teaching assignments in the Stake's MLS.
Okay, I'll bite. Why? It isn't a stake responsibility, it is the ward's. Specifically, quorum and group leaders oversee home teaching, under the direction of the bishop. (Handbook 2 7.4).
ajarvis25

Stake Involvement in Hometeaching

Post by ajarvis25 »

It would help the Stake Executive Secretary in his duties to report on hometeaching to the Stake Presidency. See 13.3.4 in Handbook 1.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

It sounds like the original request was for the Stake to view the Ward's Home Teaching assignments. Ajarvis25, you seem to be talking about Home Teaching performance.

Two different (though related) items if you ask me.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

ThomsonJ wrote:It would be very helpful if the Stake could view the wards' home teaching assignments in the Stake's MLS.
Welcome to the forum! I would also find this useful in some of the tasks assigned to me as the Stake Assistant Clerk.
allenjpl wrote:Specifically, quorum and group leaders oversee home teaching, under the direction of the bishop.
I don't need to "oversee" it, but sometimes for different situations stake leaders need to "view" specifics of ward hometeaching efforts, individually or collectively. I have in the past month. What problem would it create to give the stake "viewing rights" to the wards home teaching assignments, and even specific home teaching statistics?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

kisaac wrote: What problem would it create to give the stake "viewing rights" to the wards home teaching assignments, and even specific home teaching statistics?
The main 'problem' is that the data is only stored locally in the Ward MLS.
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

kisaac wrote:I would also find this useful in some of the tasks assigned to me as the Stake Assistant Clerk.

I don't need to "oversee" it, but sometimes for different situations stake leaders need to "view" specifics of ward hometeaching efforts, individually or collectively. I have in the past month. What problem would it create to give the stake "viewing rights" to the wards home teaching assignments, and even specific home teaching statistics?
Not being a stake clerk, I'm afraid I still don't understand what kind of situations would call for the ability to drill down to the detail you're requesting. If there is an issue with a particular member, home teacher, or companionship, it seems that would best be resolved at the ward level. If you want to see whether the EQ President is doing all the home teaching, ask him (although he has the keys to determine how a particular family should be taught, and if he wants to do it himself, that's his prerogative). The stake should get a report of the statistics, which they do, and the Stake Presidency and the Stake Executive Secretary reviews the status of home teaching in the stake, at a stake-wide level. The people who should be reviewing the status of home teaching at a ward level are the bishop and the ward executive secretary (13.4.4 in Handbook 1).

Although not at the same level of confidentiality, it strikes me as being similar to a stake financial clerk asking to know how the overall total of contributions breaks down among the individual members. Put nicely, that isn't the stake's concern.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”