Suggested changes to Custom FIeld Description

What is Tech doing right? What are we doing wrong? What products do you love? What products do we need to improve? Let us know how we are doing.
colingardner

Suggested changes to Custom FIeld Description

Post by colingardner »

It is "suggested" that the following sentence be rewritten:

These are not particular useful in their default state but seem to be in the list to suggest that Custom Fields can be Defined.

Suggested replacement or additional sentences:

These are particular useful in defining fields that describe abilities, knowledge, capabilties, etc (i.e. music ability, sports ability, special training or skills, scouting ability, Emergency Preparedness abilities, skill, equipment owner/operator, etc) of church members which their Bishop needs or requires to facilitate his responsibilites. Note: The type of fields should be identied as a STRING and will appear along with Preferrede Name for selecting for creating an MLS Custom Report.

Colin Gardner, Former Membership Clerk for 8 yrs
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colingardner wrote:It is "suggested" that the following sentence be rewritten:

These are not particular useful in their default state but seem to be in the list to suggest that Custom Fields can be Defined.

Suggested replacement or additional sentences:

These are particular useful in defining fields that describe abilities, knowledge, capabilties, etc (i.e. music ability, sports ability, special training or skills, scouting ability, Emergency Preparedness abilities, skill, equipment owner/operator, etc) of church members which their Bishop needs or requires to facilitate his responsibilites. Note: The type of fields should be identied as a STRING and will appear along with Preferrede Name for selecting for creating an MLS Custom Report.

Colin Gardner, Former Membership Clerk for 8 yrs

In the wiki article Custom fields (MLS) from which you quoted, the antecedent to "these" is "a set of 11 special talents initially called 'Not Defined 1,' 'Not Defined 2,' etc." So are you suggesting that those "Not Defined" fields are useful in their default state (i.e., called "Not Defined")? I don't see how they are useful until they are renamed (which the next two sentences specifically suggest).

And the paragraph immediately before the one we are discussing lists several uses; that list is not essentially different from the list of examples you propose.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Feedback on Tech”