how I can create a new ward?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
javiermnb

how I can create a new ward?

Post by javiermnb »

hello im the clerks to my stake and we create a new ward but how i can create the ward in MLS?
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

I'm sure somebody knows for sure, but Google found this which looks like something you may like:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Bou ... _%28MLS%29

It's come up a few times in these forums as well for more information on the form.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm guessing you're asking how to add a Ward to MLS.

At the stake level, I think it's automatic.

At the Ward level, first you install MLS. Then under system options, you fill in the Ward's information. If the ward will be sharing the computer, you'll see the link for creating a new ward in System Options.

Note that I don't think it will work until Church HQ processes the paperwork, which can take a few days after the new Bishop is sustained.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

For a brand new unit, you will have to wait until it is set up in the church's systems. This can take a couple days AFTER it starts appearing in the CDOL. The first time you log into a new unit you've added to MLS is to setup the unit by doing a send/receive. That is the only applicable option for a new unit. I recommend reading this article in the wiki.

At the stake level, it appears, but you will want to you to your system options and give it an abbreviation, place it in the proper order in your unit list, and add it to your unit-to-unit messaging address book.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

While not always the case, a new Ward frequently means a new computer. So the MLS setup will be part of the install.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”