Highlights and bookmarks not saving

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
bakeck

Highlights and bookmarks not saving

Post by bakeck »

Sorry if this has been posted already but I couldn't find much on it.

I have Gospel Library on my Touchpad. I'm running WebOS version 3.0.4 and Gospel Library 1.0.4. I am trying to highlight different verses and bookmark the pages. When I highlight a verse and hit save it appears to save. When I navigate away from the page and come back to it my highlighted verse is no longer highlighted.

When I try to create a bookmark I can type a note or title for the bookmark and touch save but it never saves. The save button is visible but doesn't respond to touch.

I uninstalled and re-installed Gospel Library, rebooted the device etc.... So far nothing has worked.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

BK
afanofosc

Post by afanofosc »

I had this trouble and still do sometimes due to bugs in 3.0.4. But in my case it seems that if I power down and then turn the touchpad back on it gets things working again. It has to do with SQLite databases and some bug introduced in the latest OS update which causes applications to hang when trying to query the database.

I also ran the Preware emergency patch installer tool (iirc) after updating to 3.0.4 since some of my preware patches were 3.0.2 versions.

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”