Gospel Library WebOS

Discussions around the WebOS (Palm Pre, Palm Pixi, HP Touchpad) versions of the Gospel Library application.
Jttullis

Gospel Library WebOS

Post by Jttullis »

I've been trying to add new content to the Gospel Library app on my HP TouchPad WebOS device. I can't find any option to add. Is this possible, and if not, is this something that will be available in the future?
danpass

Post by danpass »

jttullis wrote:I've been trying to add new content to the Gospel Library app on my HP TouchPad WebOS device. I can't find any option to add. Is this possible, and if not, is this something that will be available in the future?

See this and subsequent posts for information on work in progress for adding content to GL for webOS.
kathyc5770

HP touchpad Gospel Library updates for 2012

Post by kathyc5770 »

I cannot see a way to update the content of the HP Touchpad Gospel Library for 2012 study aids or even last October conference. Is this going to be availalbe?
kmartind

Post by kmartind »

kathyc5770 wrote:I cannot see a way to update the content of the HP Touchpad Gospel Library for 2012 study aids or even last October conference. Is this going to be availalbe?

As others have mentioned previously there is unfortunately not yet an option within the application itself to update new content, nor a new release of the application in the standard app catalog that includes the new content. This will likely be coming in the future, but since the project is maintained by volunteers it sometimes takes time.
In the meantime, John Hansen has been kind enough to create a new unofficial version of the application and make it available for download along with all the currently available content. If you want it right now that is your best option, but keep in mind that because you'll be installing an application manually, outside of the App Catalog, there are several additional steps necessary to get it working. It's not just a simple one-tap update. Dan's post below contains fairly detailed instructions on the steps that would be needed to make all the content available on your device using the unofficial version of the application:

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... #post74587

If you're already familiar with unzipping/copying files and installing programs, etc, (or have a friend or family member who is) and have some time to set aside to work on it, then it shouldn't be too difficult to complete. Otherwise it might be a while before the official app is updated and made available through the app catalog.

Return to “WebOS Gospel Library”