Calendar Languages

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ernie75

Calendar Language

Post by ernie75 »

My calendar is stuck in Spanish. Can't get it to change
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Huh. Now it's doing it to me. The top area in blue is still English (sign out, Languages, menu, tools), but the calendar app is in Spanish. Trying to toggle to other languages and back fails to restore it.

I'm suspecting it's a bad server in the farm.

Edit: This is under IE9. It used to work fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

I should add that I'm only seeing this in Chrome. IE8 seems to be serving this up in English (at least for now).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mfmohlma wrote:I should add that I'm only seeing this in Chrome. IE8 seems to be serving this up in English (at least for now).

I'm the other way. IE9 is bad, Chrome is fine. As I say, I suspect a bad server in the farm. It's a luck of the draw which one you get. I don't see any way to ID which server you are on. The two IPs when I go to "header" are the same in both browsers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

It isn't happening for me, but it is happening to my bishop (he sent me a screenshot). Changing the language using the "Languages" link in the top right corner does nothing (the language of lds.org is showing up as English, but the calendar links are showing up in Spanish... "Configuracion" and "Imprimir" and "Ayuda".).
brettberger

Post by brettberger »

Same problem here.

(Chrome and Firefox on OpenSUSE 11.4)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:Changing the language using the "Languages" link in the top right corner does nothing (the language of lds.org is showing up as English, but the calendar links are showing up in Spanish... "Configuracion" and "Imprimir" and "Ayuda".).

In my case, changing the language to some other language does change things as expected. But changing it back only returns you to where you started.

nathangg

Post by nathangg »

RussellHltn wrote:In my case, changing the language to some other language does change things as expected. But changing it back only returns you to where you started.

Ah, good to know :-)
dellisea

Post by dellisea »

I have the same problem. When I open the Calendar I get a notice "Se ha lanzando la Version 2.0" in a language other than English.
rahmuss

Post by rahmuss »

Yep, same problem here. Above the calendar everything is in English (including where you can choose your language), and the entered items listed in the calendar are also in English; but everything else is in Spanish (including event details). If I change things to another language, for example Swedish, then everything (including above the calendar) is all in Swedish (obviously this does not include the entered items for the calendar).

EDIT: Also, when I choose another encoding option (ie. right-click on the area which includes "January 2012" and choose Encoding, and then something different) it will start to load in English, and then change to Spanish.

Return to “Calendar”