Where and when has NFS gone live?

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RonaldF wrote:The goal was 18 months for rollout. St Louis went live at the end of June. That would indicate all temples hopefully will be live by the end of 2008.
I do not dispute the math, but since then I remember hearing that the goal was for everyone by mid 2008. I guess I need to keep track of my sources.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I do remember what you heard Russell. It was at a Tech Talk here in Provo (Don't know if you went to it) but I think the initial roll out got delayed so the end date got pushed back to the end of 2008.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:I do remember what you heard Russell. It was at a Tech Talk here in Provo (Don't know if you went to it) but I think the initial roll out got delayed so the end date got pushed back to the end of 2008.
I was thinking it was the other way around - started out calculating at "end" and then later announced as "mid". Oh well. I hope Gordon checks in and can give an update.
KathrynGZ

Oakland in line

Post by KathrynGZ »

As noted on Miles' (very cool) map, we in the Oakland temple district got the 90-day letter on November 9. I AM PSYCHED!!!! :) I did a presentation in PEC on nFS and our ward is making plans to get the ward members aware and involved. Response has been very positive so far.

Kathryn
teknaught-p40

Winter Quarters Temple District (nearly ready to cut over)

Post by teknaught-p40 »

To all interested,

The WInter Quarters Temple District held a meeting for all Stake Presidents, Bishoprics, High Priest Group leaders, FHC staffs, and ward consultants on Nov. 28th, 2007.

We were told to hustle and complete the on-line trianing for all the above was given a kick-start, with packets and instructions. They indicated that we should go live in about 60 days, and that all members were to be alerted to the change.

Ward consultants should be ready to especially assist those persons who have a large number of names already prepared via TempleReady to not delay getting them to the temple and printed. One sister has over 22,000 names, and even with the recommended (100 name) upload into nFS, she would have a real problem trying to confirm and verify any that will be found to be in the system already. Those with fewer names shouldn't have too much trouble.

The nFS is really a "sweet" piece of software. Kudos to all the team of web and coding guys that have worked on this. It was so exciting to see my own family line come up with all the correct dates and even the ones where a merge and confirm were necessay. What a blessing.

(On a side note... the guys who prepared the on-line indexing should be given an award for creating one of the most user-friendly and effortless methods of cataloging huge numbers of records I have ever seen produced, either commercially or privately in the past 50 years. I've been involved with corporate I.T. since 1981, so I know whereof I speak.) Excuse me if I repeat myself in praising those guys in the Indexing forum pages.
RonaldF-p40

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

Fresno is live.
Sam Burggraaf-p40

New FamilySearch Temple Districts to Date

Post by Sam Burggraaf-p40 »

Temple Districts have been added to New FamilySearch as follows:

Jun. 26, 2007 - St. Louis, Missouri
Jul. 26, 2007 - Reno, Nevada
Aug. 28, 2007 - Billings, Montana
Aug. 28, 2007 - Orlando, Florida
Oct. 30, 2007 - Cardston Alberta, Canada
Oct. 30, 2007 - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Nov. 27, 2007 - San Diego, California
Dec. 4, 2007 - Fresno, California
Dec. 11, 2007 - Guatemala City, Guatemala
Dec. 11, 2007 - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Dec. 18, 2007 - Villahermosa, Mexico
thomasjking

Post by thomasjking »

dec 15 2007
we in the Atlanta Temple District are now getting bar code rec's and in the chattanooga stk will having a meeting on Jan 19 2008 about genealogy . From the invitation for this meeting of those to attend it sounds very much like what has happened before the "Rollout" in other areas.??????
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thomasjking wrote:dec 15 2007
we in the Atlanta Temple District are now getting bar code rec's and in the chattanooga stk will having a meeting on Jan 19 2008 about genealogy .
A barcode reader at the family file desk in the temple would be a strong sign.

Barcode reader at the check-in desk or in the stake is meaningless. Those are for recommends and it's a different program on a different roll-out schedule.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

RussellHltn wrote:A barcode reader at the family file desk in the temple would be a strong sign.

Barcode reader at the check-in desk or in the stake is meaningless. Those are for recommends and it's a different program on a different roll-out schedule.
Agreed that all information says the barcode recommends are independent of nFS.

Are you sure a barcode reader/scanner at the family file desk means anything? At the Portland Oregon Temple, family file ordinance cards have had barcodes since long before nFS rollout started. Wouldn't they have had barcode scanners at the family file desk to use those non-nFS barcoded cards?

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”