New LDS Music App!

harddrive

Post by harddrive »

lajackson wrote:As Russell has pointed out, my understand is not correct. Still, I have had a lot of trouble with the newer versions of the apps (LDS Hymns, Gospel Library), and suggest you send in a bug report explaining what is happening and see if they can fix it for you. In the past, I have had success with this method. On one occasion they had trouble solving the problem, had me send them the crash files from my iTouch, and had it fixed with the next release.

Can you give me where to give feedback. I downloaded it from the iTunes store and it still crashes when trying to load the childrens song book.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:Can you give me where to give feedback. I downloaded it from the iTunes store and it still crashes when trying to load the childrens song book.
Since LDS Hymns is maintained by a private individual and not the Church, I sent you a PM with the e-mail address to contact the developer.

I have not tried to download the childrens songbook, so I am not experiencing the problem.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

lajackson wrote:Since LDS Hymns is maintained by a private individual and not the Church, I sent you a PM with the e-mail address to contact the developer.

I have not tried to download the childrens songbook, so I am not experiencing the problem.

The child song book comes down with the app. I don't have a choice which one I can download.

Thanks and I will contact the developer.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:The child song book comes down with the app. I don't have a choice which one I can download.

Thanks and I will contact the developer.

As I understand it, LDS Hymns and Children's Songbook are two separate apps for the iPod Touch folks, and LDS Music is a combination of both intended for the iPad.

I only have LDS Hymns. I wonder if you are getting LDS Music for the iPad and it is not working well on your iTouch.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

lajackson wrote:As I understand it, LDS Hymns and Children's Songbook are two separate apps for the iPod Touch folks, and LDS Music is a combination of both intended for the iPad.

I only have LDS Hymns. I wonder if you are getting LDS Music for the iPad and it is not working well on your iTouch.

Lajackson, I am getting the LDS Music and that is what crashing. I have a 2nd generation iPod Touch and I have the last version of the IOS that can be on it. I have version 4.2.1 and the app is crashing on me.

I prefer to get my apps from the church. So the question becomes why is it crashing when on the iTunes it says that it is compatible with the iPod Touch using IOS 4.0 or better. If it requires 5.0 then the web site needs to be updated to indicate that so that we who have an older iPod can realize that we can't use the app anymore.

It is some what the same with the gospel library, but there is a line that says that formatting isn't correct on older iPod's and they are working to correct it.
r36_9346

Post by r36_9346 »

I have an iPhone 3G and I'm experiencing the same issues with the LDS Music app. Deleting and re-downloading doesn't solve the problem. Installing from iTunes doesn't solve the problem.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Just to make sure, the current version of the LDS Music app is working for you all, right?
davidglynevans

Hymn 82

Post by davidglynevans »

jdlessley wrote:That was announced herewith a link to the article here.
I note that in the Hymn 82 the order of the versus is incorrect
butlerrl

Post by butlerrl »

Is there going to be an Android version?
r36_9346

Post by r36_9346 »

davidglynevans wrote:I note that in the Hymn 82 the order of the versus is incorrect
Interesting you mention that. The full text of the hymn has 11 verses. The hymn, as it appears in the LDS hymnal, consists of verses 1, 7, 2, 8, and 11 of that text, in that order. The hymnbook arranges it in an unusual way: the third and fourth verses are to be sung in harmony, with the others sung in unison, with a distinct set of staves for each singing mode. However, the text of the hymn in the app shows the five Hymnbook verses in the following order: 1, 5, 2, 3, 4. Also, since the sheet music for this hymn is unavailable in the app, people unfamiliar with the hymn may be confused when using the text provided in the app to sing this hymn.

Return to “Mobile Applications”