Online journal?

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
silvermomma

Online journal?

Post by silvermomma »

I was wondering if any thing is in the works to be able to keep my journal online. I know there is a small one on the study the scriptures section. It would be nice to keep my journal online. I also have another question: after I move to the "other side of the veil", will my family here be able to access my study journal or other journals? Thank you so much.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

silvermomma wrote:I was wondering if any thing is in the works to be able to keep my journal online. I know there is a small one on the study the scriptures section. It would be nice to keep my journal online. I also have another question: after I move to the "other side of the veil", will my family here be able to access my study journal or other journals? Thank you so much.
Since a personal journal is such a private thing, I doubt that an online feature is in the works. The journal in My Study Notebook is for recording thoughts and impressions regarding personal gospel study, and not for general journal use. This exact question is addressed in the help system at Can I migrate my personal journals into this new tool?.

If you really want your journal online, you might consider using an existing resource such as Google Docs.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
silvermomma

Post by silvermomma »

Thank you!
moonman239

Post by moonman239 »

silvermomma wrote:Thank you!

I'd pretty much side with aebrown on this one. Journals are personal and no matter what security procedures the Church took, you would be running the risk of your journal being hacked.

Off-topic: Why is the LDSTech.org Website connection secured with an https protocol?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

moonman239 wrote:Off-topic: Why is the LDSTech.org Website connection secured with an https protocol?
Please see the Code of Conduct which states:
We encourage the following behavior:

Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread.
Please start another thread to address this topic.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
wholladay

Online journal a wonderful idea

Post by wholladay »

I was just thinking that keeping an online journal would be a fantastic idea. Yes, it is personal and private, but it is also something that is very valuable for our posterity. This is why I think it would be an excellent idea for the church to handle it. The church could provide a safe, secure location to store my life's work. Then when my life is over, it can be passed on to future generations.

Users could specify how they want to limit acces both while they are living and after they have deceased. Furthermore it would be safer than writing it on paper that is so fragile.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”