MLS Other callings messed up

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

Thanks Craig,
I will look at another screen to see if I can get rid of the excess ward callings. I hesitate to do a unit refresh as I think that is what started this whole mess in the first place. I did a refresh a little over a month ago (can't remember why right now) and it was after that when I found out about the Stake Presidency Second Councilor no longer was listed in CDOL as the Stake Audit Committee Chairman....thus discovering all the other errors.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

In order to get rid of the duplicates I decided to chance another refresh. It just came down.

Sure enough, I got back my list of hundreds of custom callings from the wards. Ugh.

In some cases it downloaded the duplicates and one was messed up so I just deleted it; in other cases it just messed up the one. It didn't seem to download all the duplicates either.

One thing I noticed was that when there are duplicates some names are listed in CDOL as first-last and some as last-comma-first. The latter are the incorrect ones, but in MLS I cannot tell which is which.

I saw the effect mentioned in the other thread where all the org-based custom positions were moved to the stake miscellaneous group.

So I'm sort of back to square one but not entirely. I'm just going to send the deletes up and see what that does before I try to fix anything else, and call support again tomorrow.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I confirmed that it is intentional for all the wards' custom callings to be imported into the stake MLS. So I guess I need to get all the wards to clean up their databases.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”