Ward Meeting Time Incorrect

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rickhellewell-p40

Ward Meeting Time Incorrect

Post by rickhellewell-p40 »

Our meeting block starts at 12:30pm. I have verified the proper entry in MLS, even created a new "effective date" in the MLS. There have been several "send/receives" since the correct value was entered.

The meeting time on our web page shows as "0:30am" . ... and has for several months, even though there have been several attempts to correct via the MLS screens.

How can this be corrected? Conversion bug between MLS and the ward web site?

Rocklin 4th Ward, Rocklin CA stake.

Thanks...Rick (Exec Secty and Web admin assistant)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The procedure, as I understand it is that you must set an effective date *in the future*. I'd make it at least a day or two from "now". That gives it time to send/receive to SLC and make it's way from computer to computer.

At some point it holds up until the "effective date". If you use a date in the past, that time never comes and LUWS never gets updated.
jkarras-p40

Post by jkarras-p40 »

I had that problem. I changed the time and forgot to change the start date to the next year. After doing that it worked great.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

There has been a problem with a back end database that feeds the local unit web site from MLS. This should be corrected by tomorrow night. If there are still problems after Wednesday night, then I would verify your MLS times again.
jeromer7

LUWS Updates

Post by jeromer7 »

Just a note: LUWS updates are made weekly. So unless your timing is just right, it may take up to a week from the "future date" for the change to actually appear in LUWS.
JLR
ericb

Post by ericb »

JLRose wrote:Just a note: LUWS updates are made weekly. So unless your timing is just right, it may take up to a week from the "future date" for the change to actually appear in LUWS.

Is that right? That hasn't been my experience over the past several months, as most updates in MLS are reflected on the LUWS within a couple days.

I'm also having the problem with the correct meeting time not reflecting on the ward website (I just checked, and MLS was updated about a week ago). Is it required to set the date into the future, or has this been corrected now?
jeromer7

That's What I Was Told

Post by jeromer7 »

ericb wrote:Is that right? That hasn't been my experience over the past several months, as most updates in MLS are reflected on the LUWS within a couple days.

I'm also having the problem with the correct meeting time not reflecting on the ward website (I just checked, and MLS was updated about a week ago). Is it required to set the date into the future, or has this been corrected now?

In early December one of the ward clerks asked how often LUWS data was updated. I didn't know, so sent a query via LUWS Feedback. The response was weekly, on Thursdays. Something gave me the idea that it may be Thursdays for us, but another day for others, but I'm not sure where that idea came from.

I also saw in December (maybe in an MLS Weekly Hint?) a reminder that meeting times on LUWS were set in MLS and the effective date needed to be a future date. Can't lay my hands on the message from where I currently sit, however.
JLR
ericb

Post by ericb »

DJC wrote:There has been a problem with a back end database that feeds the local unit web site from MLS. This should be corrected by tomorrow night. If there are still problems after Wednesday night, then I would verify your MLS times again.

Here is a useability suggestion - add a checkbox option next to the meeting time input in MLS that reads Transmit meeting times on next Send/Receive. If there really is a requirement that the effective date has to be in the future, I would guess most LUWS are going to be wrong for some time until they figure this out.

Maybe I'm to understand the time information is actually being sent, but it is being ignored for some reason? I guess I'm not following the logic on this one.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I believe it has to do with how LUWS pulls information from MLS. It probably looks for changes that are going to happen "[Effective Date] >= Now()" and just pulls that in. Since Now() would be Thursday and your effective date was last Sunday it wouldn't be pulled in and changed appropriately.
- David
ericb

Still not working...

Post by ericb »

DJC wrote:There has been a problem with a back end database that feeds the local unit web site from MLS. This should be corrected by tomorrow night. If there are still problems after Wednesday night, then I would verify your MLS times again.

Just checked...the meeting time hasn't yet changed on our ward website. Do we have to do another meeting time update with an effective date in the future?

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”