What is the proper way to record a seminary teacher in MLS?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

eblood66 wrote:Can you Sign into CDOL?

Yes, there I have no problems. My calling also appears there.
eblood66 wrote:Where are you looking to see the stake callings? As far as I know they only show in two places: the Members with Callings report and on the Callings section of he Individual tab of the member's membership record. They do not show up in the Out of Unit callings tab of the Other Callings page in MLS or on the Callings by Organization report.

Thanks for the background. I couldn't find that in the help documentation.

My question is then: what purpose does the "Out of Unit Callings" tab in Other Callings page in the ward MLS serve?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

gxwheel wrote:My question is then: what purpose does the "Out of Unit Callings" tab in Other Callings page in the ward MLS serve?

Before stake callings were automatically transferred from the stake to the ward it was a place where the ward could record the who had stake callings. It's still useful when someone from the ward is called to an out-of-unit calling (in a YSA ward for instance). Those callings doesn't get transferred to MLS so it's useful for the ward to enter them so those members don't show up on the Members Without Callings report.
TullisDA

Post by TullisDA »

As the Church moves forward with moving MLS functions to Clerk Resources and Leader Resources on LDS.org, standard callings will allow members to have access to pages that are specific to their callings. Those pages will be tied to a person's calling listed in MLS and/or Clerk Resources. The Church callings were standardized recently to make that move easier. Aerown is correct, if there is no appropriate standard calling available, a custom calling is appropriate.
Instructional Designer/Writer
Finance and Records Department
gxwheel

Post by gxwheel »

eblood66 wrote:Before stake callings were automatically transferred from the stake to the ward it was a place where the ward could record the who had stake callings. It's still useful when someone from the ward is called to an out-of-unit calling (in a YSA ward for instance). Those callings doesn't get transferred to MLS so it's useful for the ward to enter them so those members don't show up on the Members Without Callings report.

Thanks -- that helps me to communicate with ward clerks.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”