Church Publications in Mobi Format from a Private Individual -- Restrictions?

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
dennisn

Church Publications in Mobi Format from a Private Individual -- Restrictions?

Post by dennisn »

I fully support the church's decision to go with EPUB, and hope that someday the Amazon Kindle will support it also. However, in the meantime -- I am considering using Calibre to convert the church's EPUB ebooks avaliable on lds.org into mobi format, and making these files available for free download from a personal website. I think most of the people reading the tech.lds.org website would have no problem doing this by themselves for their own use, but it may be a service which would be of interest to less technically savvy members.

My question: Does anyone know if this would in any way violate any church policies, copyrights, etc.

Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to read this thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”