Beta Testers Needed for store.lds.org Magazine Online Order System

Beta testing of the applications hosted on lds.org
jimbaird
Church Employee
Church Employee

Beta Testers Needed for store.lds.org Magazine Online Order System

Post by jimbaird »

The store.lds.org team has redesigned the magazine ordering system. You are invited to help us test the next version of the site and provide feedback about the new process.

The most valuable feedback will come from your test of the following scenarios: renewing a subscription, changing a subscription address, and giving a gift subscription.

Things to know for testing:
• Access the test site at http://store-stage.lds.org.
• Use your personal LDS Account and magazine subscription information to test renewing and changing a subscription address.
• This is a test version of the store, so your order will not actually be placed. Please use the test credit card number 4111111111111111, use a security code of 111, and provide any expiration date in the future.
• E-mail your feedback to feedback@store.lds.org with the subject of “Magazine Feedback” before 9 a.m. MST on Friday, June 22.

Thank you for your help. Your feedback will positively affect the way store.lds.org users around the world access magazines.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
Distribution Services
Store.lds.org
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

So far I'm impressed with how this handles an order. I hope it's rolled out to cover the whole store.lds.org site!
scrid2000

Post by scrid2000 »

Small recommendation: rather than greying out the "Add To Cart" button, have a popup saying "You need to enter your address."
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I renewed my subscriptions, and wanted to add an additional New Era for a daughter that would turn 12 during my renewal period. I consider myself pretty savy, but after doing the renewal I was stuck without a 'Continue Shopping' button to click, I could've chosen to click on 'Store' or any of the other categories, but I was really wanting to get back to the magazine section. It presents you with a 'view cart' or a 'checkout' button, but no continue shopping button - I would think the cart button sufficient, I usually go from my cart to the purchase.

Additionally, I also went back into the store and added a piece of technology gear to my order (Sony camera) and never could complete the checkout. After filling in all the credit card information, adding my email address (which was required, I don't recall seeing that the field would be required until the pop-up after I hadn't completed it) and clicking all the continue buttons it returned me to the page and I had to start over, after entering my CC info again, same thing, the third time I stopped, I never did get the purchase to go through.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

scrid2000 & JohnShaw,

Please note that feedback should be submitted to feedback@store.lds.org. jimbaird and other LDS store developers may or may not view this thread. If you want to discuss issues here, that is fine. But the OP requests feedback to be submitted to the e-mail address provided.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jdlessley wrote:scrid2000 & JohnShaw,

Please note that feedback should be submitted to feedback@store.lds.org. jimbaird and other LDS store developers may or may not view this thread. If you want to discuss issues here, that is fine. But the OP requests feedback to be submitted to the e-mail address provided.
This is what I did immediately after carrying out a test order. About 10-15 mins after placing the order, I received an email acknowledgement with all the order details etc..

But as yet, I'm not expecting a response from the development team, as I expect they are extremely busy.

Really liked the concept of the confirmation email, as the likes of Amazon etc..

Return to “Beta Testing”