How should I record the calling of service missionary?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ataylor32

How should I record the calling of service missionary?

Post by ataylor32 »

We have some church service missionaries in our ward and I need to record this in MLS. I noticed that in the "Other Callings" section, it has three missionary positions:
  • Branch
  • Full Time
  • Ward
It is my understand that service missions are not the same as full time missions. Should I use "Missionary - Full Time" even though that isn't technically accurate or should I create a custom position or should I do something else?

Thank you!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ataylor32 wrote:It is my understand that service missions are not the same as full time missions. Should I use "Missionary - Full Time" even though that isn't technically accurate or should I create a custom position or should I do something else?

It's up to your ward to decide. The callings you enter will show up on the Directory on LDS.org in the Leadership section (but service missionaries will not show up in the Missionary section, regardless of what you enter in MLS). If you want to distinguish between the proselyting and service missionaries, you could certainly create a custom calling for the service missionaries.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ataylor32

Post by ataylor32 »

Thanks for the clarification. I think I will create a custom position.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”