Wireless Video

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Wireless Video

Post by craiggsmith »

In a couple of our buildings we don't have internet connections at the pulpit. Up to now I just run a long cable out the door and down the hall to a clerk's office. I don't want to use wireless as I don't want anyone else using bandwidth, and I have no access to change the configuration of the wireless access points. Someone suggested wireless video -- i.e. have the receiving PC at the internet connection and transmit the video to a receiver at the pulpit.

I'm particularly interested in a side-benefit One thing I like about this is it would give us an option to display powerpoint presentations in the cultural hall; currently we have no good way to get a PC output from the pulpit to the cultural hall. (Unfortunately there is no forum to discuss intra-building communications.)

Has anyone tried one of these devices and have one to recommend?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:In a couple of our buildings we don't have internet connections at the pulpit. Up to now I just run a long cable out the door and down the hall to a clerk's office. I don't want to use wireless as I don't want anyone else using bandwidth, and I have no access to change the configuration of the wireless access points. Someone suggested wireless video -- i.e. have the receiving PC at the internet connection and transmit the video to a receiver at the pulpit.
I'd suggest working through the stake president to have the FM group install a wired connect on the stand. That will solve that problem.

craiggsmith wrote:I'm particularly interested in a side-benefit One thing I like about this is it would give us an option to display powerpoint presentations in the cultural hall; currently we have no good way to get a PC output from the pulpit to the cultural hall.
No experience, but I'd imagine that the quality is only going to be composite video grade. There are better wired options out there. Perhaps you can get the FM group to run some CAT 5 or 6 at the same time. With the proper devices, you can use the cable (not the network) to transmit the video.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd suggest working through the stake president to have the FM group install a wired connect on the stand. That will solve that problem.
We're trying; we've been trying for 2 years.
RussellHltn wrote:No experience, but I'd imagine that the quality is only going to be composite video grade. There are better wired options out there. Perhaps you can get the FM group to run some CAT 5 or 6 at the same time. With the proper devices, you can use the cable (not the network) to transmit the video.
I'm not optimistic I'll get them to do this; we have also been trying to get additional audio lines as well as a camera control cable. But there are many HD wireless devices out there now. I know of one person who uses Apple TV to transmit computer signals quite successfully.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”