Accessing VT set up from home

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
crysburch

Accessing VT set up from home

Post by crysburch »

As a Relief Society president with small children it has been a difficult task to be able to go to the church and prayerfully spend hours pondering and creating VT routes and districts. There is also a conflict of times that the bishopric and clerk need to be on the computer at church. It would be amazing if I could access this function from home!! I read that it was coming soon but was wondering if it was available yet or when it may become available. I know I would be able to spend much more time on VT if this were available. I would love any input!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

This has been an oft requested feature. I believe they are working on it but there are a number of things that have to happen first, such as enabling MLS to sync that information and creating all the backend to support that. We have no timeline for when that will be done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

crysburch wrote:As a Relief Society president with small children it has been a difficult task to be able to go to the church and prayerfully spend hours pondering and creating VT routes and districts.
To make things easier for you plan your routes and districts at home on paper first. Then all you have to do when you go to the church is put the information into the computer.
crysburch wrote:There is also a conflict of times that the bishopric and clerk need to be on the computer at church.
In most wards this only seems to be a problem on Sundays as it seems everyone wants to take care of their buisness then, especially durning the sunday school hour, everyone want to skip sunday school and us the computer.

One work around this is to go to the church on a weekday durning the day time when most clerks won't be using the computer because they are working so have to do thier church calling in the evenings.

Another work around is to see if you can just give the clerks the information and have them update MLS. In our ward the clerks are more than willing to put the information into the MLS for the organizational leaders. In fact we perfer to do it that way we don't have everyone competing for the computer. We havent yet gotten everyone trained and on board with this yet but we are working on it. Just last week we were talking about taking org leaders rights our of MLS so they would have to go through us.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”