Exporting data for a mail merge - separating first and last names

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Tomicah

Exporting data for a mail merge - separating first and last names

Post by Tomicah »

We are trying to export data from MLS in order to complete a large mail merge for several different demographic groups within the ward. We haven't found a way to delink the last and first names in order to use them in a letter (e.g. right now, we can only export the data as "Doe, John" instead of as separate fields for "John" and "Doe"). Can someone please help us address this problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tomicah wrote:We are trying to export data from MLS in order to complete a large mail merge for several different demographic groups within the ward. We haven't found a way to delink the last and first names in order to use them in a letter (e.g. right now, we can only export the data as "Doe, John" instead of as separate fields for "John" and "Doe"). Can someone please help us address this problem?
When I need to do that, I export the data to a spreadsheet, then use the spreadsheet functions to separate the first and last names. If you need specific details on how to do that, I can give you the formulas.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”