Classic Ward Website Administrator

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
mdcardon

Classic Ward Website Administrator

Post by mdcardon »

I am the current "Classic Ward Website Administrator". I am also listed as the "Ward Website Administrator" in the MLS Ward Leadership directory. However, when I sign on to lds.org/tools I do not have administrator privileges.

Thanks,
Mike
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mdcardon wrote:I am the current "Classic Ward Website Administrator". I am also listed as the "Ward Website Administrator" in the MLS Ward Leadership directory. However, when I sign on to lds.org/tools I do not have administrator privileges.

If your quotation marks are accurate and you are truly listed as "Ward Website Administrator," then that means that you have a custom calling, which confers no administrator privileges. The correct standard calling is "Website Administrator" (which will appear in the Technology section of the Ward Leadership area of the Directory on LDS.org). So you should contact your ward clerk and make sure that you have the correct standard calling.

And as you may have guessed, being a website administrator for the Classic Ward Website doesn't grant you any administrator privileges for any of the new tools, either. Only the standard calling of "Website Administrator" will do that for you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

mdcardon wrote:I am the current "Classic Ward Website Administrator". I am also listed as the "Ward Website Administrator" in the MLS Ward Leadership directory. However, when I sign on to lds.org/tools I do not have administrator privileges.
Check is to make sure the position listed is a standard position and not a custom position. Also it takes anywhere from a few hours to 48 hours for new position permissions to take affect on some online applications after a send/receive from MLS. Have your ward clerk check your position as listed in CDOL.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Thanks,
Mike
You may already know this but you won't see any sign of any additional privileges when you visit lds.org/tools. When you are correctly listed in MLS with the standard "Website Administrator" calling (as described by aebrown) your privileges will show up when you visit the individual calendar, directory, newsletter and lesson schedule tools. The Website Administrator doesn't have access to any of the additional leadership tools that show up at lds.org/tools for certain other callings.
mdcardon

Thanks for the information

Post by mdcardon »

aebrown wrote:If your quotation marks are accurate and you are truly listed as "Ward Website Administrator," then that means that you have a custom calling, which confers no administrator privileges. The correct standard calling is "Website Administrator" (which will appear in the Technology section of the Ward Leadership area of the Directory on LDS.org). So you should contact your ward clerk and make sure that you have the correct standard calling.

And as you may have guessed, being a website administrator for the Classic Ward Website doesn't grant you any administrator privileges for any of the new tools, either. Only the standard calling of "Website Administrator" will do that for you.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I am listed right now as "Ward Webmaster". I will have my Ward Clerk make the change in our MLS to the standard calling format of "Website Administrator".

Mike

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”