mls 3.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ffrsqpilot

Post by ffrsqpilot »

I concur with Gary_Miller. I checked our stake computer this morning (Montrose, Colorado) and indeed the upgrade did not get pushed to us. I will once again notify the clerks in our stake to watch for it next week. However it would be very helpful if we could get a good update on the exact push so we can get the upgrade loaded and everything working correctly before someone else gets to the computer and finds issues such as Bro Miller described above.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

FFRsqpilot wrote:I concur with Gary_Miller. I checked our stake computer this morning (Montrose, Colorado) and indeed the upgrade did not get pushed to us. I will once again notify the clerks in our stake to watch for it next week. However it would be very helpful if we could get a good update on the exact push so we can get the upgrade loaded and everything working correctly before someone else gets to the computer and finds issues such as Bro Miller described above.

See post #25 above.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
showseason

Post by showseason »

It would be nice if these upgrades would come out earlier in the week so there is time to react and clean everything up before Sunday rolls around.

Also I would like to see major updates like this not scheduled when quarterly reports are due. I'm concerned the priesthood or relief society will go in to update last minute home and visiting teaching and inadvertently trigger the update.
chrisjniles

Post by chrisjniles »

It sounds like the update was made available on Friday night to those 5000 units in the areas mentioned above. I imagine it will be made available for the other units on this coming Friday night, Oct. 19, so I'm planning to come in Saturday morning to perform the update.

Now I just need to ask all those in the Ward with computer privileges not to touch anything starting after church tomorrow until after I can perform the update...
bhm014

Mls 3.5

Post by bhm014 »

I am from Tahiti, French Polynesia and my ward MLS updated to version 3.5. It took less than 5 minutes for the upgrade to take effect and then you have to wait at least 30mns by doing anotehr Send/Receive to synchronize all the callings because they will be locked just after the update.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

heo014 wrote:It took less than 5 minutes for the upgrade to take effect and then you have to wait at least 30mns by doing anotehr Send/Receive to synchronize all the callings because they will be locked just after the update.

In my experience the updated callings were available within about 5 minutes. It took about 30 minutes for the finances to be updated and become accessible again.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bhm014

Post by bhm014 »

Mine was the opposite.
JaredMonson

Post by JaredMonson »

Why not enable the ability to download version 3.5 from the MLS site for the first 4 weeks at the clerks leisure, then force it upon those that havent done it? I've killed acres of forests printing out all of reports for the last 4 weeks in anticipation of the release, only to find its not happening yet. It doesnt need to be this complicated.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Our ward is closer to Ogden than Salt Lake City. We have not received the update as of today.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

FFRsqpilot wrote:...[J]ust how much change will it cause in a given unit's organizations? Or to ask it in another way - how much work will it be rebuilding organizations after 3.5 is implemented?
From the MLS message announcing the update I see changes affecting many callings currently listed in "Other Callings". Many of those callings should be moved into the new (added) organizations. Printing the organization report for "Other Callings" is to use ensure no callings are lost in the shuffle. The message listed the new organizations as:
  • Ward Missionaries
  • Facilities
  • Family History
  • Employment and Welfare
  • Music
  • Activities and Sports
  • Technology
If things go right with the move of those callings into the appropriate new organizations there should be no additional work for this change.

Where the work may come in is setting classes in Primary and Sunday School back to the way they were before the upgrade. Primary and Sunday School classes will all be reset. So if there were any classes that were combined or split and you want to return the classes back to the state they were in before the upgrade then printing the organization reports for Primary and Sunday School will make the job a lot easier.

There is no mention of any other organizations outside Primary, Sunday School, and "Other Callings" being affected.
FFRsqpilot wrote:I would like to save them work going through rebuilding organizations (everything from EQ/HPG/RS leadership on down).
I doubt that any of those organizations will be affected. If there were a chance they would be affected then the message would have instructed us to print out all the organization reports instead of the ones just for "Other Callings", Sunday School, and Primary.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”