MLS 2.8 - Downgrade?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mdantas wrote:Where can I download the version 2.8 of MLS?

Regards,
Márcio Dantas
It isn't available to everyone at this time. It is in beta and only certain units have been chosen to participate in the new version at this time.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

Ok.

Regards,
Márcio Dantas
aebrown
Community Administrator

MLS 2.8 is in beta

Post by aebrown »

mdantas wrote:Where can I download the version 2.8 of MLS?
You can't download MLS 2.8 at this point, unless your stake has been selected as a beta test site. For that to happen, the MLS team has to select your stake, and your stake president has to approve your participation. I imagine that the Church is always looking for good beta testers, but I'm sure they don't want people who just want an early copy of the software, but rather people who will actually test it and give good feedback.
SmithGW

Mls 2.8

Post by SmithGW »

The beta test of MLS 2.8 is being done on an "as invited" basis. All wards in a stake have to go on the new version for the test to be effective. Please don't download this version unless your stake president has okayed this.
Daryl1

Confidentil Forms On MLS 2.7.3 Are Helpful to Bishopric's

Post by Daryl1 »

Confidential Forms have been a blessing to our Bishopric. I do not see what the big problem is? The forms are not confidential themselves. When the forms are saved there is already an option that one can select in MLS 2.7.3 to password protect a filled out form that can and should always be used.

Confidential Forms should only be accessed by those listed in the Bishopric in MLS anyway. Also, no one can gain access to the saved forms because the person who filled out the form is the only one with the password.

IF Beta MLS 2.8 takes out Confidential forms please speak up and send feedback to please reconsider.

Thank you.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

The forms are still there. For those few original beta units, there was a problem with the patch from 2.7.3 to 2.8 that did not bring down the confidential forms module. This is resolved now. If you still do not see them, do another send/receive and they should show up.
maethows

Post by maethows »

DJC wrote:The forms are still there. For those few original beta units, there was a problem with the patch from 2.7.3 to 2.8 that did not bring down the confidential forms module. This is resolved now. If you still do not see them, do another send/receive and they should show up.
Not only has the issue been resolved, we have also been sent the Release Notes (including changes between beta releases) via MLS email. I would like to cast my vote (for what little it's worth) that these Release Note emails continue for future beta/full releases - very handy.

Most importantly though - the Confidential Forms are still there.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I saw today (during a Send/Receive) they are starting to warn MLS dial-up users that 2.8 will be released in the next couple of weeks and it may take a while to DL. Could someone please give a shout when it IS released so I can go to the building and start a DL going during a non-peak, non-critical time?

Thanks very much.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mikerowaved wrote:I saw today (during a Send/Receive) they are starting to warn MLS dial-up users that 2.8 will be released in the next couple of weeks and it may take a while to DL. Could someone please give a shout when it IS released so I can go to the building and start a DL going during a non-peak, non-critical time?

I imagine the news will come out quickly on this forum.

Another idea that might help: Each stake has a different situation, but my stake is very small geographically, so when a new release comes out, I usually download it using my home's broadband connection from mls.lds.org to a flash drive, then go to each administrative computer in my stake and install it. It takes me a couple of hours, but I use the opportunity to update virus definitions and other STS responsibilities. That saves a slow dial-up download for the wards.
showseason-p40

Just received by Stake President

Post by showseason-p40 »

We have produced new Member and Leader Services (MLS) software, version 2.8. This new version will be released on Sunday March 2nd. We anticipate that the download will be approximately 30-40 minutes over a dial up connection. You will have the option of opting out of performing the download of MLS 2.8 3 times until March 9th. Beginning March 9th the patch for MLS version 2.8 will be forced down to your machine during a send/receive. We will also not patch any units on March 2nd or March 9th from the hours of 11 A.M. (MST) to 2 P.M. (MST) because of resource constraints. Regular MLS transmissions will work fine during this time.

This version of MLS (2.8) needs to be installed before the end of the first quarter to support priesthood council directed changes to the Quarterly Reports.

We recommend doing a send/receive first thing when you get to the clerks office until this version is officially released to avoid any downloads during tithing transmissions.

For those who would like to download MLS 2.8, the current version is available at http://mls.lds.org. If you are currently on an MLS version lower than MLS 2.7.3, you will need to upgrade to MLS by downloading version 2.8 from http://mls.lds.org.

After installing the new version, please refer to the release notes for specific changes in the program.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”