Themes

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
brofisher

Themes

Post by brofisher »

I would like to add a stake theme to the monthly calanders to remind ward members of this theme. Do I add it to each month as an activity and then add details or is there an alternative was to have a theme emphasised.

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I don't think the calendar is a good place for it. Too many places where all you'd see is the reference and not the text.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

You could put the monthly theme in a Newsletter article. You could even create a category for stake themes so members could find them easily.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Our stake did a monthly theme for a couple of months next year. All they did was create an all day event, with the date range starting on the first day of the month and ending on the last day of the month, location is "no location" which by default places it at the top of the calendar. The name of the event was the theme title. It posts at the top of the calendar with the theme title across the week. You can add details in the description if you would like.

While I don't agree that this is the best use of the calendar it does not look to bad at all.

One thing I did notice was it but a (cont) in front of the them on the second through 4th weeks. You can make the (cont) go away by creating it each week
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The problem with doing that is you may be creating a disincentive for people to subscribe to whatever calendar it's placed on. If it's by itself, that's fine. But put on on the ward calendar and members may start ignoring it. Speaking for myself, it's clutter. Especially in the "agenda view" mode for my calendar on my phone. It can only show the next 4 activities. I wouldn't want to see it there.

I think there are better ways of getting the word out - such as the newsletter feature.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

Actually all you need is an in between step. Instead of listing calendar, newsletter, lesson schedule and so on when you sign in, list "Stake Website." When you click that on, you can see a nice message from the stake president, maybe a picture that can be changed periodically, and links to each ward in the stake that lists all those options..

Oh. Wait a minute.

nevermind...

Return to “Calendar”