Eagle Project idea: find missing ancestors or needed ordinances

johncpratt1

Eagle Project idea: find missing ancestors or needed ordinances

Post by johncpratt1 »

My stake recently completed a successful Eagle Scout project regarding indexing, with several wards competing to see which one would index the most.

Frankly, I think an eagle project in new.FamilySearch.org could be just as successful. Here is my idea:

Each participant/family can choose from 2 different kinds of service (or both):
A) Find missing ancestors
B) Find forgotten ordinances

I am still updating this site with improvements, but here is what I have currently:
eagle.buildzion.com

I believe that the best way to find forgotten ordinances is Roots Magic (Essentials, the free version)--and believe it or not, there are "tons" of forgotten ordinances, mainly the sealing of parents to children.

For locating holes in the family tree, we can suggest createfan.com as a place to start, but also suggest how to look for siblings of ancestors in familysearch.org census reports --very easy.

I welcome suggestions and additional comments.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Have you posted in the FamilySearch Forums? There are a lot more users there focusing on family history and ancestral work to address your topic. The users of the LDSTech Forum may be able to help but the focus of these forums is primarily on the technology.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johncpratt1

Post by johncpratt1 »

Thanks! I will post something

Return to “Genealogy Industry Issues”