Posting Hints, Titles, Correct Forum

The latest forum news and information
techgy
Community Moderators

Posting Hints, Titles, Correct Forum

Post by techgy »

The following suggestions will aid everyone in finding what they need:

1) When you create your thread try to use a title that is brief yet descriptive of your needs. You often don't need an entire sentence. If you need help with the MLS program and making a custom report, then something like "Custom MLS Reports" is a good choice. A clear, definitive title will help define your need and help others to find it later. Lengthy titles are unnecessary and make finding the subject more difficult when a search is performed later.

2) Be sure you are in the right forum for your topic. Don't use the MLS discussion forum to discuss Meetinghouse Internet. Take a few minutes and peruse the forums completely to identify the one which fits your need the best.

3) Do NOT post the same topic in multiple forums. This is against the Code of Conduct and will result in your duplicate posts being deleted. One well-worded post is sufficient to get your need across to everyone.

4) Keep a thread focused on a single topic. If you need to discuss a different topic, start a new thread.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
1968leocomeeatabite

Post by 1968leocomeeatabite »

techgy wrote:The following suggestions will aid everyone in finding what they need:

1) When you create your thread try to use a title that is brief yet descriptive of your needs. You often don't need an entire sentence. If you need help with the MLS program and making a custom report, then something like "Custom MLS Reports" is a good choice. A clear, definitive title will help define your need and help others to find it later. Lengthy titles are unnecessary and make finding the subject more difficult when a search is performed later.

2) Be sure you are in the right forum for your topic. Don't use the MLS discussion forum to discuss Meetinghouse Internet. Take a few minutes and peruse the forums completely to identify the one which fits your need the best.

3) Do NOT post the same topic in multiple forums. This is against the Code of Conduct and will result in your duplicate posts being deleted. One well-worded post is sufficient to get your need across to everyone.

4) Keep a thread focused on a single topic. If you need to discuss a different topic, start a new thread.
Thank you, the more time I spend on the forum the more I begin to understand what you have taught us is so very true. Navigating the forum, how to remember where your were, what posts are important to me, the features that help me do this, and so very much more would be a Tech Conference class(2013) that I would greatly benefit from. Could it get on the suggestion list?:o Should I be posting this some where else?:o
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Thank you for your comments and suggestion. I would recommend that you make your suggestion through the FEEDBACK forum.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Announcements & Policies”