MLS (3.5) Not showing all quorum members

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
HansG

MLS (3.5) Not showing all quorum members

Post by HansG »

Hi All,

Our deacons quorum leadership complained about inaccurate rolls. I went to MLS (just upgrade to 3.5) and printed an Organization Report for the Deacons. It listed two members.
I created a custom report: Sex=M, Age is or is greater than 12 and Age is or is less than 13. On that I got 10 members.

I thought MLS had the intelligence to assign ward members to the deacons quorum if they were male and of the correct age? Is that not true?

I see an option in MLS to add members to the quorum manually, but I would expect MLS to do it automatically.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

MLS should do it automatically, and it should show ordained and unordained as you would expect. This is the first I have seen/heard of this issue. Can you look at the record of an individual who should appear but doesn't and post their class assignments? Somehow I think you have individuals who have lost their default class assignments.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

hansg wrote:I created a custom report: Sex=M, Age is or is greater than 12 and Age is or is less than 13. On that I got 10 members.

And are members.

However, I don't think that explains a 80% loss.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
HansG

Post by HansG »

giffordrb wrote:MLS should do it automatically, and it should show ordained and unordained as you would expect. This is the first I have seen/heard of this issue. Can you look at the record of an individual who should appear but doesn't and post their class assignments? Somehow I think you have individuals who have lost their default class assignments.

Wow! One 13 yr old boy's assignments are Course 13 (class) in the Sunday School (organization) AND High Priests!!!
HansG

Post by HansG »

giffordrb wrote:MLS should do it automatically, and it should show ordained and unordained as you would expect. This is the first I have seen/heard of this issue. Can you look at the record of an individual who should appear but doesn't and post their class assignments? Somehow I think you have individuals who have lost their default class assignments.

Another 13 yr old assigned to the elders.
12 yr old assigned to HP
another 13 to HP
another 13 to elders
another 13 to elders
one correctly assigned to deacons
another 13 to elders
another 12 to elders
and last, a 13 correctly assigned to deacons

So. . .of the 10, two correctly assigned, 3 to HP and 5 to Elders. . . I feel bad for the three assigned to HP. That is one boring quorum meeting. . .
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

hansg wrote:Wow! One 13 yr old boy's assignments are Course 13 (class) in the Sunday School (organization) AND High Priests!!!
Can you PM me your unit #? In the mean time I would request a member refresh (File -> Request Unit Refresh -> Check Membership box, then do a send/receive). This will update MLS with CMIS class assignment data when the refresh come back on a subsequent send/receive. If CMIS has bad data then the fix is a little more involved.
Ryan Gifford
MLS

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”