Is the mhtech still moving?

Discussions around the Help Center website located at clerksupport.lds.org. (Formerly called Record Keeping and Technology Support or RKATS)
KeithWilson

Is the mhtech still moving?

Post by KeithWilson »

Hello,

I think this page is very valuable to just about anyone who uses this site, especially the STS people.

This page specifically, https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Availability_ ... Components

Where will this page appear on the new site? It's good to see all the hardware recommended options for various situations. I don't mind it going, I just want to know where the new site is. As of right now, there is hardly anything on the new site.

Thanks,
Keith
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

KeithWilson wrote:I don't mind it going, I just want to know where the new site is. As of right now, there is hardly anything on the new site.

To answer the question in the title of you post: yes, the MHTech information is still moving from the LDSTech wiki to the new ClerkSupport.lds.org site.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hardly anything"; just in the Meetinghouse Technology section of the new site there are 8 articles on Audio, 16 on Broadcasts, 8 on computers, 13 on Internet, 8 on PVC, and 4 on Support.

There don't seem to be any articles on Webcast yet, but the process is still under way. If you look specifically at the page you linked to (and every other Webcast page, for that matter), you'll see that it has the "Content Copied LDS.org" badge on it. That means that the content has been copied to an area where it is being reviewed, edited, and translated. Once that process is complete, you'll see the content appear on the ClerkSupport site. For an example of a page that has been through the complete cycle, see Wireless networking (meetinghouse); that wiki page once had the "Content Copied" badge on it, but now that the content is on the new ClerkSupport site, the wiki page simply links to the new official content.

So just have some patience -- it will all get done soon, but it's a huge job.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

Very good reply, it answers my questions. I thought it was a ton of content, and pretty much an insurmountable task, because the notice says the older pages will be gone as of October 31. "This page will be deleted at the end of October." I felt, as you do, there is no way they can delete the pages, I use them all the time, it's the best resource we have. Thanks for your detailed answer. I didn't mean to hurt anyones feelings about the "hardly anything", comment. I apologize.

Return to “Help Center Website (Formerly RKATS)”