Some stake events only visible in week view

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lawrence.sproul

Some stake events only visible in week view

Post by lawrence.sproul »

For several months I have not been able to view the stake 'child of record' baptism event that is scheduled on the first Saturday of each month.
The stake rep/admin for this calendar says it is configured properly.
The event is not visible in the following scenarios:
-Lds tools calendar;(most recent 3 versions) on iPhone (3gs, 4, 4s) and iPad(1st gen); os4,os5,os6
-lds.org calendar month view; in safari, Firefox, iexplore (several versions)
-lds.org calendar agenda view; in safari, Firefox, iexplore (several versions)

Today I was able to see the event on lds.org in week view. I almost never use week view.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It appears that your are not subscribed to the calendar that the event has been placed on. You can check your subscriptions by going to the calendar on lds.org and clicking on the gear icon on the right side and then "subscribe".

If you still can't see it, then that would suggest that the event is either 1) A reservation and not a event. 2) It's on a calendar you don't have rights to (such as another ward).

Week view lets you see reservations as well as all events that take place at that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lawrence.sproul

I already checked subscribe

The subscribe was the first thing I checked.
I even tried unsubscribing, then resubscribing.

I can see the event in week view only.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Look in the help file under "view events by location". Look at the sample. Is the baptism coded as a "event" or a "reservation"?

If it's an event, then it's time to ask the "stake rep/admin" what calendar this has been placed on. If you're not in the same ward as him, make sure it's not a ward-level calendar. It's possible that it accidentally got moved from stake to ward.

A remote possibility is that it's a private calendar. However if that was the case, you'd only see that the building was occupied at that time. You wouldn't be able to see that it was for a baptism.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lawrence.sproul

Thank you. It was the reservation vs. event. Once I explained it to the calendar owner they were able to fix it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Good. Using reservations instead of events not only means it doesn't show on the calendar, but opens the door to double-booking the rooms. So hopefully that's been fixed before they found out the hard way.

Return to “Calendar”