MLS 3.5 Help-release notes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
TinMan

MLS 3.5 Help-release notes

Post by TinMan »

Today when I signed onto MLS, I did a send receive, and got a message that popped up that said something like "read MLS release notes by going to 'Help-Release Notes." But when I did so, I got another message that said "this function is not available on this system."

Sorry if it is a duplicate thread.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

One of the units in our stake has the same problem, I have let our local office know about this issue and they have passed it on to MLS support
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You should be able to read the Release Notes here after you sign in.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TinMan

Post by TinMan »

okay...

Then perhaps the pop up that comes up when you sign onto MLS should say "go to this link" rather than go to "help-release notes" which doesn't work?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I had the problem with the Release Notes menu item in MLS 3.5 not working with an earlier beta build. But I just tried it with build 21021 and it displayed the release notes properly. I don't know if that means that this has been fixed, or if there's something different about my installation, but at least it gives me hope.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
VandeMerweWJ

Post by VandeMerweWJ »

It takes two send/receives after upgrading to version 3.5 of MLS before the release notes will be available. So three send/receives in all. One to get the patches to MLS 3.5, exit (not just logout) MLS. Send/receive two downloads the new configuration file. Send/receive three will download the release notes file.
simonawright

Post by simonawright »

As far as I am aware the clerks concerned have done alot more than 3 send/recieves so far. I expect it will sort itself out eventually

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”