MLS 3.5 Rollout Status

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

Why provide a status page if it never gets updated?

Last Updated: October 18, 2012 at 3:45 p.m. MST
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

aclawson wrote:Why provide a status page if it never gets updated?

While the status page could use an update, it is still quite accurate, at least until tomorrow evening.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

They have just made another major announcement on 3.5. For the some of us who are not as technically savvy, could someone explain the words "staged" and "final build" in this latest announcement? I would guess that staged means downloaded and final build is maybe an update but I am not sure
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

zaneclark - Anyone on MLS3.5 at this point is technically on a beta release, the FINAL build will bring them to the official release of MLS 3.5 that isn't a beta. Staging is basically telling clerks that on a certain date, if you are in this specific area, the next send/receive you perform with start the upgrade process.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

I'm in Virginia, was told last night that we get to wait till November 20th before our download comes.
preston.baxter

Post by preston.baxter »

Presumably that means many of the bugs will be worked out before you have the pleasure of upgrading. :+)
Thanks,
Preston Baxter
Highland Ward
Sandy Utah Granite South Stake
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

So, I didn't make it up to the church today. Did the additional rollout go forward as scheduled?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It did here in Texas. But it was sometime in the afternoon. By 1:00 pm it had not come down. We tried again during mutual at 7:00 pm and it came through with no problems for us. Or at least we have not found any issues yet. Tomorrow we will check the organizations and callings to see if it is as it should be.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

There was a message on MLS yesterday that stated November 13 for my ward here in SW Idaho. With the re-dedication of the Boise Temple on Nov 18th, we will have to weeks to make sure everything is working properly before we start tithing settlement.
jstamps

Post by jstamps »

We got it last night here in northern Nevada. It seems to work ok so far.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”