moving advances back to budget category

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
tommaherboe

moving advances back to budget category

Post by tommaherboe »

Good Afternoon,
We made an advance for an activity. I have read that extra funds need to be redeposited back to the "other" category as budget returns. Where do I go from there? How do I properly get that money back into the correct budget category?

Thanks

Tom Maher
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tommaherboe wrote:We made an advance for an activity. I have read that extra funds need to be redeposited back to the "other" category as budget returns. Where do I go from there? How do I properly get that money back into the correct budget category?

You simply deposit the returned funds directly into the correct subcategory of Budget. There's no need to use Other as an intermediate step.

I'm guessing that you were reading about how to fill out the donation slip; there is no line item for Budget, so the person returning the funds has to use the Other line to record the Budget return. But you can deposit those funds directly into Budget.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Fill out a donation slip under other category but budget. When you process the donation slip process it just like any other donation, placing the funds into the proper budget sub-category, the one you wrote the advance form.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”