Change location of information display box

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jaa6

Change location of information display box

Post by jaa6 »

Could the location of the information display box be changed so that it does not overlay the menu line?

After reviewing the information in the on-line local unit directory, the system will not allow the closure of the information display box.

I selected the Ward leaders menu on the local unit directory, any of the sub-menus, and then an individual to review their information. The system displays the information but the display overlays the On-Line menu items with the closure box (circled x) overlaying the News menu item. When trying to close the display, the New menu sub-menu items are displayed and will not close the individual's information display.

To get around the problem, I move the entire box of the individual's information to a new location and then close it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I am able to duplicate the issue. To do so I had to either re-size my browser height to a size such that the member information pop-up initial display position placed the pop-up close "X" over a header menu line item or move the member information pop-up to align the pop-up close "X" with a page header menu line item.

The page menu line items appear to have display and action priority over the pop-up when the pop-up overlays the page menu line. It is the pop-up top containing the closing "X" aligning with the page header menu line and the display/action priority of the page menu items that prevents closing the member information pop-up. Only by moving the member information pop-up such that the pop-up closing "X" is not aligned with any page header menu item can the pop-up be closed.

I have reported this to the developers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This was already reported in the thread Header appears on top of photo popups, and LisaAn already indicated that it was on their internal list of items to be fixed. It was reported again in the thread Menu titles and pull down menus visible and functional through enlarged. So an additional report to the developers is redundant.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those linked to threads are reporting for the photo pop-ups. This pop-up displays address and contact information along with a photo. I do not know if the code to display the photo pop-up is the same as the member information pop-up. It is possible. But it is also possible to fix the issue for the photo pop-ups but not for the member information pop-up since they display different information. I want to make sure this different pop-up will be included in the fix.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Those linked to threads are reporting for the photo pop-ups. This pop-up displays address and contact information along with a photo. I do not know if the code to display the photo pop-up is the same as the member information pop-up. It is possible. But it is also possible to fix the issue for the photo pop-ups but not for the member information pop-up since they display different information. I want to make sure this different pop-up will be included in the fix.
I don't understand what you're talking about when you refer to a "member information pop-up". Following the instructions in the OP produces the popup for an individual's details, which includes the photo (if present; otherwise a placeholder photo image) and the person's details. I only know of the one popup, but you seem to be implying that there are two separate popups. Could you explain how to get to those two different popups?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

aebrown wrote:Following the instructions in the OP produces the popup for an individual's details, which includes the photo (if present; otherwise a placeholder photo image) and the person's details.
Actually no pop-up is displayed when I follow the OP instructions and there is only a placeholder photo. I tried this on Firefox, Chrome, and IE8. The pop-up is only displayed when there is a thumbnail photo.
aebrown wrote:I only know of the one popup, but you seem to be implying that there are two separate popups. Could you explain how to get to those two different popups?
I don't know if the pop-ups are different entirely. The only difference I see is the data below the picture and the font size of the data. Each pop-up is generated from a different part of the Directory and they display different data. To get the pop-up to which the OP is referring and the one I tested, select Ward Leaders in the left column; select any organization in the middle column; and click the photo for the member in the right column.

The pop-up generated by the Photos section, or the Households section of the Directory only include the member name, individual phone number, and individual e-mail address in a large font. The pop-up generated by the organization leaders section includes address, individual phone number, home phone number, and individual e-mail address in a much smaller font.
JD Lessley
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Actually no pop-up is displayed when I follow the OP instructions and there is only a placeholder photo. I tried this on Firefox, Chrome, and IE8. The pop-up is only displayed when there is a thumbnail photo.

Those aren't the results I'm seeing when I follow the OP instructions. I get the popup every time I click on the individual's name, regardless of whether or not there is a thumbnail photo. In the case where there is a thumbnail, that gives you an additional place to click in order to see the details popup, but it's the same popup either way.
jdlessley wrote:I don't know if the pop-ups are different entirely. The only difference I see is the data below the picture and the font size of the data. Each pop-up is generated from a different part of the Directory and they display different data. To get the pop-up to which the OP is referring and the one I tested, select Ward Leaders in the left column; select any organization in the middle column; and click the photo for the member in the right column.

I did read the OP, and followed those instructions. That produces the popup that I have been talking about. Since this thread was talking only about the popup for individuals, that's what I was responding to.
jdlessley wrote:The pop-up generated by the Photos section, or the Households section of the Directory only include the member name, individual phone number, and individual e-mail address in a large font. The pop-up generated by the organization leaders section includes address, individual phone number, home phone number, and individual e-mail address in a much smaller font.
The report I made seven weeks ago in the thread Header appears on top of photo popups mentions both individual and household popups, and it was that post that LisaAn responded to and indicated that a fix was forthcoming. So I think we're covered, even if the household (which has two slightly different flavors for the Photos and Households sections) and individual popups are different.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”