Fast Offering Donations Made Directly to Headquarters

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dougjdixon

Fast Offering Donations Made Directly to Headquarters

Post by dougjdixon »

Do all fast offering donations made directly to Church headquarters show up on a Unit Financial Statement?

I understand that donations made directly to Church headquarters do not show up on any ward records in MLS.

I further understand, however, that, according to the LDSTech Wiki, donations-in-kind "directed to the . . . Fast Offering categor[y], . . . will show up on the Unit Financial Statement". (See http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Donations_in_kind.) This suggests that at least some fast offering donations made directly to Church headquarters show up on a Unit Financial Statement, although I have not verified this personally. But I'd like to know if all fast offering donations made directly to Church headquarters - not just donations-in-kind directed to the fast offering category - show up on a Unit Financial Statement.

If they do, how are they reflected on a Unit Financial Statement? Would they just be lumped in with donations made directly to the ward in the "Fast Offerings" category?

Thanks in advance!
Gary_Miller

Re: Fast Offering Donations Made Directly to Headquarters

Post by Gary_Miller »

Why would it matter if it shows up or not? Why would this information need to me shown on the UFS? All FO donations are automatically transferred to HQ when the batch is processed.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Gary_Miller wrote:Why would it matter if it shows up or not?
The Stake Bishops' Welfare Council has a responsibility to review trends in fast-offering contributions (see Handbook 1, 5.3, #3). To do so requires some sort of accounting of such contributions, and it's certainly not unreasonable to hope that this accounting accurately reflects all the fast-offering contributions that are made.
dougjdixon

Post by dougjdixon »

I posed my question to Leader Unit Support, and I was told that donations made directly to Church Headquarters only show up on a Unit Financial Statement if the donor specifically requests that the donation be credited to his or her unit; absent that request, the donation is simply credited generally to the Church.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”