WiFi down again

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
aclawson

Re: WiFi down again

Post by aclawson »

Same thing as Advanced IP Scanner, only different. I prefer Advanced, mainly because I have been using it for years.
clingmann

Post by clingmann »

We are also having the 881 WiFi unusable issue again today in all four of our buildings.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Not sure if it is related or should be a new thread but our filter is not working at all. I can get to YouTube and gambling.com without any issue

Overall the 881 is failing epically at the moment :(
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

BarkerAJ wrote:Overall the 881 is failing epically at the moment :(
It isn't the 881, it is the networking cluster in SLC. Having a global single point of failure is a decision that should be reconsidered. Soon.
tyranlewis

Post by tyranlewis »

I had the problem with one building last week. I rebooted the router and then it worked fine. Have two more building down today now. I have some SLC engineer looking into the firewall right now. Waiting for a reply / call.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

WiFi is down for all of our buildlings that use the 881Ws and 1401 WEPS, for the second week in a row. Any ETA on when it will be fixed? Last week they called me back about 2 hours after I called them.

This is getting bad....
danpass

Post by danpass »

Our stake center WiFi suddenly started working about 15 minutes ago. I did not have to reboot any network equipment.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

danpass wrote:Our stake center WiFi suddenly started working about 15 minutes ago. I did not have to reboot any network equipment.
This happened to us last week. A while later it was down again. The problem has to be outside of local units since it's occuring on a wide scale.
danpass

Post by danpass »

techgy wrote:
danpass wrote:Our stake center WiFi suddenly started working about 15 minutes ago. I did not have to reboot any network equipment.
This happened to us last week. A while later it was down again. The problem has to be outside of local units since it's occuring on a wide scale.
I understand it has been a wide scale problem. I was hoping that our regaining of connectivity is an indication that the wide scale problem is in the process of being resolved.

How long did it stay up for you before going down again? We've been up for about 35 minutes now.
tyranlewis

Post by tyranlewis »

I got a call back from SLC. The person said some controller was rebooted and that everything should be back... I had a few people test, nothing yet. I'm trying to contact Support again to report, but the wait says 10 min until I get a person.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”