Sketch Tool

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
mlh78

Sketch Tool

Post by mlh78 »

When I click on the "Sketch Tools" button, it does not seem to do anything. Oh how I hope this will eventually lead to a ward realignment tool integrated with LDS Maps. I have tried on IE 8 and Chrome.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Confirmed "sketch tools" button still does nothing on my IE and Firefox 9.0.1. I was hoping it would help us make and save Emergency preparedness maps, Fast offering routes, etc, since the beta 3 still seems to have no option for custom maps of our ward. Maybe the sketch tool will be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-once operable?
mlh78

Post by mlh78 »

My hope would be that we would have a tool where we can lasso an area and have it spit out the demographics, much like the MLS realignment tool.
erinbourgeous
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by erinbourgeous »

The sketch tools is a feature that is not yet available and we'll be removing that button. Sorry for the confusion.
Erin Bourgeous
Quality Assurance Engineer, LDS Church
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

erinbourgeous wrote:The sketch tools is a feature that is not yet available and we'll be removing that button. Sorry for the confusion.
I guess that's why we have the beta!
gaaren

Post by gaaren »

kisaac wrote:I guess that's why we have the beta!
So--Is the ability to sketch still in the works, or has the idea been dropped? If still in progress, any idea of timeline?

Return to “Beta Maps”