Interactive Book for 7-Inch Tablets Testing

EmilyHedrick
Church Employee
Church Employee

Interactive Book for 7-Inch Tablets Testing

Post by EmilyHedrick »

My name is Emily the Product Manager for Interactive Books & Magazines project. Last month we released our first two interactive publications to the iTunes App Store and Android Market. The first is the LDS Ensign app. This is an interactive version of the November General Conference issue. The second is the interactive storybook called "The Coat". Both of these are designed for large screen tablets such as the iPad, Motorola Xoom, and Galaxy Tab 10. We are looking to expand our interactive publications to smaller size tablets (Kindle Fire, B&N Nook Tablet, other 7'' Android tablets). We want to test how the interactive overlays perform on these smaller tablet devices. As we spin up this test project we are interesting in having a group of testers with 7'' tablets help us test the interactive overlays and help give feedback.

For more information check out our wiki page: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Interactive_B ... _Magazines
n4yrd

Post by n4yrd »

I would be happy to test 7". Samsung Galaxy Tab WiFi 7". I downloaded the app intended for the 10" and it installed but the content will not download. I see others have had a similar issue. One I'm able to get content I'll test both apps on the 7" and post comments.
John - Raleigh NC
scrid2000

Post by scrid2000 »

You guys really should post the apk for sideloading, android market wont let me download it onto my BlackBerry Playbook.
keithdawg

I would love to test with my 7 inch droid tablet

Post by keithdawg »

I would love to test with my 7 inch droid tablet. Please notify me how to download and I'll provide feedback.
fritty

Post by fritty »

I would also be happy to test with my 7" tablet. Just let me know when and I will provide feedback too.
teresabodrero

apk file of Ensign app

Post by teresabodrero »

I have to have the apk file as well in an email -- that is the only way I can download android apps to my kindle fire.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

rooted nook color - would love to test this out.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
rcook525

Testing

Post by rcook525 »

I would like to test, I am using a 7 inch Vizio Android tablet. :)
amichopine

Post by amichopine »

I'd love to test this. I have a Kindle Fire. Can't wait to see The Friend interactive too!
TimRiker
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by TimRiker »

I'm in the same boat. I have a rooted Nook Color running CM7.1 (android 2.3.7) but the Ensign apk won't install from the market.

Return to “Interactive Books & Magazines”