Interactive Book for 7-Inch Tablets Testing

mdeden1

Post by mdeden1 »

The kindle fire. I am downloading it using the dolphin browser and have been getting the parse error. This method of sideloading apps has been very successful with other apk's, including the LDS apps. Just not with this one.
trackdog47

Kindle Fire and APK

Post by trackdog47 »

For those of you with the Kindle Fire that are getting the parse error (which I was), if you email Emily directly she will send you the apk file (which gave me no problems). Then you can test the app and provide feedback.
dmcewen

Post by dmcewen »

Hello KF users,

I too tried to install the apk file from the original email and I also received the parse error as well. My work around - I used Dropbox and it worked smoothly (works smoothly to sync files from PC to KF and vice versa). There are a few ways to do it, 1) install Dropbox on your home PC (if you use my link, we both get 250 MB more storage space!). Move the apk file, from the email, into your Dropbox folder on your PC. 2) install Dropbox on your KF (here is the apk download for KF). Once you sign into the Dropbox app on your KF, navigate to the folder with the apk file you want to install and run them. Simple as that... Or if you do not want to do all of that work, Email Emily and get it from her. Good luck!

Send me a personal message (PM) for more details/questions.
1313sam

Post by 1313sam »

matthewdlohmeyer wrote:1313sam, I've tried many methods of side loading, and I have found it can't be done on V. 1.4.1 due to that update blocking side loading. The only way to do it is to root back to V. 1.4.0.

Thanks! I ended up using a root from tabletroms that allowed me to be able to flash back to stock if I ever have a problem, with no traces of root. Then then I dropboxed it and no problems.
matthewdlohmeyer
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by matthewdlohmeyer »

Try downloading the apk file from here onto your computer directly. If you don't have dropbox, install it. It's a great cloud storage system and allows for easy file transfer to and from your computer and Kindle Fire. Move they apk file into dropbox, and then install the dropbox app on your Kindle Fire, and download the apk through there. That will take care of your parse error. Hope that helps. If you need any more or other help, feel free to send me a PM.
mdimbler

Post by mdimbler »

Any updates on this project? Just purchased a Kindle Fire, but the app will not install. It gives me a parse error. I tried loading it directly, as well as using Dropbox. No dice.
gabeblack

same here

Post by gabeblack »

mdimbler wrote:Any updates on this project? Just purchased a Kindle Fire, but the app will not install. It gives me a parse error. I tried loading it directly, as well as using Dropbox. No dice.

Dropbox workaround did not work for me either.
taelder

Post by taelder »

I get the parse error on my Kindle Fire as well. I assume this means the Apk was compiled using a newer version of the android os than is on the Kindle?
jelyfisher

Post by jelyfisher »

I have a Nook Color. I would be happy to test it out on that if it's possible!
jelyfisher

Post by jelyfisher »

I have a Nook Color, and if it's possible, I would test it out on that.

Return to “Interactive Books & Magazines”